• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which modeling programs do you use?

Which modeling programs do you use and for what?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Well, I have practically used one of every that you mentioned, but i'm not so good at any of them ><
So yeah, I'll just check all boxes considering I did 'use' them...

Level 2
Blender 3d... too bad it wont work for wc3/sc2 (or am I wrong?) as its free and I think you even can switch to a maya (or was it 3ds max?) ui layout if you're more used to that... anyways its great, free and powerful ^^

Level 26
I use MDLvis and Magos. Sometimes I also use 1 or 2 additional oinkerwinle tools.
I also tried Milkshape, but I did not like it at all for creating meshes, because the viewpoint of MDLvis simply seems superior to me(as you work directly on the model and can rotate it the way I want while adding parts of the mesh, wrapping is also easier^^)
Would also try 3ds max, but I'm not experienced at all at this and right now I'm just too lazy to learn its basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.