• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help in Model Exporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello hiveworkshopians:

I'm working in some models in 3ds max that I'm planning to release here as resources. The current version I'm running is 3ds max 7 (yeah I know it's a prehistoric version but it's the only one I need because I also create models for other games and that's the one I need), however, all MDX/M2/M3 scripts and plugins work perfectly.

I need to know how to export those models to MDX format.. I've tried several times through the MDX exporter but my models don't seem to work.

Is there an updated tutorial to learn how to do it? Do I have to use another program or 3ds max is the correct one?

Any help is appreciated :)

Level 29
What is "the MDX exporter"?
As far as I know, the only reliable exporters are the original Art Tools, which you can't use, and NeoDex, which you might be able to use (but I can't imagine it's actually backwards compatible with 3ds Max 7).
You should probably export to .3ds/.max, import that into a more recent version, and use NeoDex.

Level 5
Oh, it's an old script for 3ds max 5 or above (I guess) so it's compatible with max 7.

Sin título.png

I can successfully import MDX models into max 7 but when I export a modified model back to MDX and load it in the Warcraft 3 Viewer, it crashes.

I know there are more programs to edit models but I'm not familiar with them and they also look harder to use than 3ds max.

Status
Not open for further replies.