1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

A Question: about starcraft modelling

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Luffy, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    You may get annoyed for this question, or for I've made a topic for just this question, but I haven't any other way..

Can we import 3ds max 9 models on Starcraft II editor? If models of 3ds max 9 can work in starcraft 2 game, I should be able to be modeller for starcraft 2.. Ofcourse a newbie one.

2. skrab

skrab

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We have to wait till Starcraft II releases, then we can answer you question.

3. Shadow_killer

Shadow_killer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I thought blizzard hard announced that you could use 3ds max 8/9 and the poly count would be around 2k.

4. skrab

skrab

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You will be able to make models with any version of 3Ds max. We just need to wait till blizzard announces on what version exacly will the "Art Tools" (exporting scripts and stuff) work. For example Art Tools for Warcraft 3 only works for 3Ds max 5.
    I just hope they make it compatible with 2008 and up.

5. Shadow_killer

Shadow_killer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I know that, what i meant was haven't they announced that the "art tools" of SC2 will support max 8/9?

6. Taylor_Mouse

Taylor_Mouse

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    First of all, Max 9 was already used for WoW, when they started with it, there are screenshot with it

I believe SC2 uses Max 2009 and for the moment there are no plans for MODDING like with WC3, especially not since they are releasing SC2 in 3 parts...

T.

7. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm 3 parts.. really nice. then I must to wait some more, hehe.. well, I would be thankful if somebody notices me here when things release, I would give him 1 rep :grin: I haven't much time for tracing news and stuff.