• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
so i installed neodex. so it gives my 3ds max 9 the capability to export in mdl. good. but does it not make it capable of importing from mdl ? how then do i open and edit a wc3 model with my 3ds max 9 since arttools is only for 5?

Level 8
okay. so your saying i have 3ds max 9 and since its not 5 its only good for creating models from scratch? there is no way to import mdl or mdx? well thats for wc3 mods a suppose. cant i get the sc2mapster plugin for 3dsmax 9 and import and export sc2 moddels?

Level 12
Debode:
Neodex is for 3ds max 6-10.

Zeron:
I know two ways to get a warcraft model in 3ds max. First one is to import it to milkshape and then export it as obj, but then you looses the animations. The other way is to download a script from sc2mapsters (going to find it later), then import with that. And you get the animations and bones, but the model is extremly small.

Edit: I think it is this.

Level 8
i dont know if its a compatibility issue or what... but i have service pack 2 and running in administrator xp mode. but everytime at start up it has an error because of plugin. but the scripts wont load a model without the plugin.

for the m3 package with exporter and importer on sc2mapster

Status
Not open for further replies.