• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Import mdx to 3ds Max 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
As my previous questions about animated textures could not be answered, I thought I should use an advanced tool and try by myself. Here we go, I got 3ds max 2013.

How can I import the mdx models to it? I did search but found nothing for the new version.

e: When were at it, whats the easiest way to export from 3ds max 2013 to .mdx?

Level 12
That being said, what do you need to know about animated textures? Maybe I could help you.

That would be great.

Basically I have a model similar to the normal cooldown model for abilities which will be used ingame for my GUI system(the wc3 standard one is in the attachement).
The standard one needs 1 second for its animation but I need it also in 5 seconds, 360 seconds and two more all in one model. SetUnitTimescale doesnt work because it behaves weird for very low values, so I really need the same animation different times.

The animation uses a combination of texture translation and texture rotation, so my question would be how to scale it to the time I want?

Side question is what I have to set to make a texture invisible e.g. at the end of an animation.

Attachments

• UI-Cooldown-Indicator.mdx
    5.1 KB · Views: 65
Hmm, did you ever think of making a simpler cooldown model? Like, instead of stuff being centered, it rises from the bottom up? It would also be more creative.

I have a model that i made that has 101 animation, so it is very easy to set the "level" of the meter. I actually wrote a program that generates those animations, because it would be crazy trying to add them one by one. I was about to use it for life "orb" before I ditched the idea (it also needed to be fixed graphically).

Would what is in the attachment be helpful? 101 animations, and easy to set. For example, if you are halfway during the cooldown, you can simply set
JASS:
call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(unit, 50)
and it will put the meter to the middle. However, I'd have to remake it to fit your needs, I still have the source of the program I used to make it, so I can edit it and make it suit your needs.

Attachments

• Bar2.mdx
    26 KB · Views: 52
Level 12
Im sorry, that doesnt help me. My GUI is a suggestion and it will get rejected if it doesnt look like the normal cooldown, so translation and rotation is required.

One more problem is that War3 Model Editor cant display rotation which makes it even harder to get the clue how its working.

So problem still open :sad:. And if anyone can answer the following I would also be very grateful.

Side question is what I have to set to make a texture invisible e.g. at the end of an animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.