• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Question: about starcraft modelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
You may get annoyed for this question, or for I've made a topic for just this question, but I haven't any other way..

Can we import 3ds max 9 models on Starcraft II editor? If models of 3ds max 9 can work in starcraft 2 game, I should be able to be modeller for starcraft 2.. Ofcourse a newbie one.

Level 25
You will be able to make models with any version of 3Ds max. We just need to wait till blizzard announces on what version exacly will the "Art Tools" (exporting scripts and stuff) work. For example Art Tools for Warcraft 3 only works for 3Ds max 5.
I just hope they make it compatible with 2008 and up.

Level 12
hmmm 3 parts.. really nice. then I must to wait some more, hehe.. well, I would be thankful if somebody notices me here when things release, I would give him 1 rep :grin: I haven't much time for tracing news and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.