• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which is your favorite race and how many levels you have on B.net?

WHat race do you like best???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Nothing is > Nothing, Blizzard worked their @$$es off to make sure these teams are all balanced, they have their up sides and down sides, for instance, UD have high cost and limited building but have easy building and resource gaining. NE have mainly ranged which can be a down side and mainly the units rely on the heros and so forth.

Level 14
If bears are the best meatshields, I'm the king of england.

And Undead does not own NE if NE knows what to get. Same for NE vs Humans. And same for Orcs vs Humans.

undead owns NE

if undead is going dual crypt ghoul w/ tp sell then gargoyles, only huge difference of skill can save NE. Even panda won't do a shit here.

bears are the best meatshields, because they can rejuvenate themselves, and with staff of preservation they never die

Rui

Rui

Level 41
if undead is going dual crypt ghoul w/ tp sell then gargoyles, only huge difference of skill can save NE. Even panda won't do a shit here.
And how will the Undead player have enough gold to be constantly spawning Ghouls? Besides, Panda should be 2nd and not 1st. The 1st can be DH for example, with Immolation.

bears are the best meatshields, because they can rejuvenate themselves, and with staff of preservation they never die
Putting things that way, Mountain Giants are again the best meatshields because they can take alot of hits and then use of preservation staff and have rejuvenation support. Besides, when heavy melee takes another heavy melee head-on, you will rarely have time to use the rejuvenation, unless you have a Druid of the Claw constantly on Night Elf form, and you are quick enough to select & de-select him (in case you use Hold Position). That will rarely work, nonetheless. Besides, it's obvious that if the opposing player knows you're going heavy melee, he will go for air units instead of having all the work of micro'ing. With orc it's another case, since they don't have air units with Magic Damage, and they can easily revive their Tauren with Spirit Walkers.
Anyway, Mountain Giant is the best meatshield because he can take multiple hits, although he's not very good against other melee units. However, bears are more vulnerable to ranged/siege attacks since their armor is Heavy.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
How bout ya shut up n play the game
And yes it is possible to get a lev 10 by having one hero
I do it almost every game
First, there's no "shut up" here, this is virtual and I can post one thousand one posts with you replying 'shut up' to all of them. Me and Jacek are melee players and we wish to discuss here, not anywhere else. If you have problems with that, you can simply Ignore us, as we will ignore your "shut up" messages as well.

Back on topic, yes, I like the Dreadlord. It's pitty, however, that he is very weak and vulnerable in early game. Those Blademasters are the edge of annoyance.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
1.Undead. Favorite Hero Dreadlord sleep and vampiric aura early on can keep you creeping for awhile but against another computer there is the cryptlord i think he´s name is, a really good tank.
My favorite units are the banshees curse is a really good spell so is anti magic.
2. Night Elf, i always choose keeper of the groove both for creeping and for fighting enemy computers.
If i had to choose a favorite unit it would be the dryads.
3. Orc, Shadow Hunter i just like him i´ve had enough of the blademaster and his annoying voice
fav is da grunts :D they live long time.
4. Humans and my favorite is the bloodmage, he just has a nice set of spells.
Fav units are the spellbreakers.

:D

Level 19
Let me lay down the tables here:
Key:
(=)-Equal/Tie/Draw
(>)-Greater Than (Win)
(<)-Lesser Than (Lose)
Hu/Or/Un/Ne = Hu/Or/Un/Ne
----------------------------
Human = Orcs:
Reason:
The orc blademaster rush, being a basic strategy, can be contoured by the "call to arms ability somewhat, but with wind walk it is hard to kill/chase away/blank the blademaster. Healing is easy with both races, so it's hard to tell in a basic game.
Human < Undead
Reason:
The undead can eat the corpses of the human enemies early on, which gives them a good advantage on healing. Yet the humans have the heroes advantage, which can counter the undeads somewhat, but the undead heroes later on have immunity to spells such as "holy light" to the point where it is hard to take them down.
Human < Nightelf
Reason:
The night elf have many ranged units, and spells that can easily be used against the human race, though the humans have ways of destroying this threat, it is still easier for the Night Elf to win.
Orc > Nightelf
Reason:
The orcs are strong and can take the hits from the weak arrows let out by the night elves. The orcs can heal quickly, but as to attacking the night elf base they are almost useless, which can be fixed by good ground unit support.
Undead > Nightelf
Reason:
The undead have advanced units and defenses, rushing is almost impossible due to the fact they have spirit towers in the first 3 minutes of the game.
The undead heroes easily counter the Night elf heroes with their stronger and more effective abilities.
Orc > Undead
Reason:
The orcish heroes are well balanced with their units and siege weapons, they can take down the undead defenses before the undead can make enough units to stop the overflow.

Level 14
I'll comment your post, what is my opinion, based mostly on warcraft strategy forums. You look on healing too much imho...
Human = Orcs:
Reason:
The orc blademaster rush, being a basic strategy, can be contoured by the "call to arms ability somewhat, but with wind walk it is hard to kill/chase away/blank the blademaster. Healing is easy with both races, so it's hard to tell in a basic game.
Blademaster is countered easily by arcane tower. Human is considered almost impossible matchup for Orc, because Human can fast expo with militia and WEs, and then tower up and mass gryphons and you can't do anything. When Human gets his first sorceress, he can buy FL in tavern and tier2 push and kill all your burrows, meaning death for ya.
Scyth-Master said:
Human < Undead
Reason:
The undead can eat the corpses of the human enemies early on, which gives them a good advantage on healing. Yet the humans have the heroes advantage, which can counter the undeads somewhat, but the undead heroes later on have immunity to spells such as "holy light" to the point where it is hard to take them down.
Undeads don't eat corpses of human enemies... why? if you lose units in beginning you are just newbie player. But I agree that Human < Undead, but the only reason for that are destroyers, which are virtually uncounterable for human
Human < Nightelf
Reason:
The night elf have many ranged units, and spells that can easily be used against the human race, though the humans have ways of destroying this threat, it is still easier for the Night Elf to win.
I think it is quite a balanced matchup. Night Elves had advantage with DH/Naga/Dryad+Bear strat, burning Archmage and Mountain King mana and countering casters, but recently humans made new strategies. And of course the advantage of human you can't counter - fast expo
Orc > Nightelf
Reason:
The orcs are strong and can take the hits from the weak arrows let out by the night elves. The orcs can heal quickly, but as to attacking the night elf base they are almost useless, which can be fixed by good ground unit support.
Night elves had a huge advantage with mass DotTs, but now its rather equal...
Undead > Nightelf
Reason:
The undead have advanced units and defenses, rushing is almost impossible due to the fact they have spirit towers in the first 3 minutes of the game.
The undead heroes easily counter the Night elf heroes with their stronger and more effective abilities.
Oh no, nerubian towers > spirit towers
Orc > Undead
Reason:
The orcish heroes are well balanced with their units and siege weapons, they can take down the undead defenses before the undead can make enough units to stop the overflow.
the problem of undead with orc lies in hard to set expo and TC + Windriders. Stomp on fiends and focus fire kills orcs pretty much. But the new strategy - Banshees + Lich w/ Frost Armour and Pitlord w/ Rain of Fire is popular and makes the matchup more and more equal

as a Night elf player, the matchups I hate most are undeads and night elves. undeads because of their nukes,unkillable defenses and piercing damage. Night elves because I have to make race to bears, nothing else permitted

Level 18
Yea last night
I played a game where I had my lev 10 Death Knight
Fully upgraded gargs and I ripped through a pack of Wyverns along with a few Chims
If you do not believe that gargs are amazing, take me on in a B.Nert game
No one got NOTHING on Undead

Level 14
I mean, gargs with ghouls pretty much counter dryad/bear strategies, maybe they aren't so strong head-on, but the wisp harass is great strength of undead

the peak of Death Knights strength is lvl 6, when you get aura lvl 3 and coil lvl 3

Level 4
Rui I was talking shut up bout the dude who stated something about the Legion owning all
I WAS NOT talking to you with that

Why? I have the freedom to state my opinion.

Who ever implied that I was playing Warcraft at the time of my post, anyhow? Your post didn't make much sense.

There's another reason I hate the interweb. People don't understand sarcasm.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Man, I wish someone made a mod for Warcraft III to add at least one more faction (Blood Elves + Naga). Replacing those casters for Humans would be quite easy. This because Warcraft III is getting old, and with a Starcraft II coming out, we can expect Battle.Net to empty even more.

Level 25
Undead, could sure own a few noobs.. But I just don't have the feel for it. Cause when I look at scores like 22-30 (Win and death) and each game could be like 5-40 minutes each, I feel like.. no.

Level 2
my fav race is taurens and thats b/c they are strng and who dosent like fighting bulls ;) and my lvl is 0 b/c i dont play ladder i play customs

Level 37
Elenai said:
I am HIGHLY dissapointed with this thread...Not a High Elf option in site.
Read first before posting anything. Spammer.

Elenai said:
FOR SHAME!

-Elenai the...HATRED!!!!...Epic-
What's this suppose to mean? Spammer!

Werewulf said:
in wc3, they arnt really races, more of factions or such as there is more than 1 race in each one.
Ehh? There's four races.

Level 8
I think what Werewulf meant was that the Orcish Horde, as what we call a race, is made up of the Orcs, Fel Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, etc. which makes it a faction.

I agree with Moontraveler, Undead are the best race. In my experinece they thrash all others. I still favour the Night Elves though. I rarely play WC3 for its RTS capacity. I play custom Not DotA maps 1 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.