• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where does it end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
We legalize gay marriage. They aren't hurting anyone so why should I care?

We legalize polygamy. You have the choice whether to marry somebody with a wife already, why should I care?

We legalize bestiality. We butcher animals for meat, so why should raping one be considered a crime?

We legalize public nudity. You aren't harming anyone in any way except maybe their eyes (and sanity).

This applies to just about everything. Where does it end? How far will humanity defile itself before we realize our horrid ways? I guess to the point where God destroys the earth would be my guess. AND NO NOT 2012!

Level 36
God ain't gonna destroy the earth, isn't he supposed to be forgiving? Religion is full of contradictions.

Anyways, what is wrong with any of this? Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's socially acceptable, let freaky people be freaky people, we will have less problems if we stay out of their way.

Level 27
I'm not seeing the rule that was broken here.
God ain't gonna destroy the earth, isn't he supposed to be forgiving?
Yeah, but he's coincidentally not an idiot. He's not going to forgive a mass murderer just because the murderer says, "Oops."

In the same way, if people manage to screw things up bad enough, why the hell not destroy them? There are already people who would destroy everyone because we've messed up. (Or, they say so anyway. But there are still some who actually would.)

The question of what to legalize is stupid. Everything is legal by default. Laws are a set of things we can not do. Even so, my persistent belief that laws aren't the root of action and my belief that anarchy works leads me to everything being "legalized." This includes being able to societally shun nudists.

(Also, you'll find scientific data on this. Kids can be traumatized by sexual stuff. Real psychological damage. Say what you want about raising your kids to think for themself, but I'm going to dress my kids by default.)

Status
Not open for further replies.