• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] "Bennett's End" Sean. It must have been he who put the sign on the door. Damn him! He m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
"Bennett's End"

Sean. It must have been he who put the sign on the door. Damn him! He must have exposed us to the Guards. We only needed a few more days. A few more days and Kit would have been ready to release havoc on this pathetic excuse for a city. But now it has been a waste. Soon I will be put to death. After all these years, I can't believe my time will come to an end. As I wait to embrace my end, they put me in a cell with another. Not just anyone, a Greenskin! Or more brownskin in his case. His face showed age like no other I had seen before. He was talkative, very talkative. Had my prision not restricted my use of magic, the blasted orc would be dead. But no I had to endure his riddles and his ramblings. "I am Ra'kor." He would say. "Listen to my stories, it will help to pass the time by." Not out of choice I listened. The crazy fool spoke of the Great Khan. As a child the Orc would get great pleasure from listening to the ballads of his deeds. His most favourite was called 'Khan, oh Khan'.

'Khan, oh Khan, so big and strong,
It is to you that I do write my song.
The Wise preach your leading words,
The Warriors mimic you with swords.
N'er has one been so loved as thee,
Nor will in all of time will another be!

But Khan, oh Khan can it be true,
A child was to be the end of you?
I do not believe it, it doesn't fit,
You died as a protector and that is it.
This song is over, along with my name,
But you great Khan, remain the same!'

I don't see the attraction, but Orcs by nature are less intelligent. So it can hardly be expected for them to be decent writers. Seven days I had listen to him. By the fifth day I became slightly fond of Ra'kor. Orc or not, he had something special about him. No I was delusional. Seven days with only a mug of water and maggoty bread must have got to my head quicker than I expected.

On the seventh day a Guard came and started to collect the Magi who were taken from the Den. "Bennett. Get up, it is your lucky day." A guard called out to me laughing.
"Oh my lucky day? You mean I have been invited to dine with the King?"
"Bah! You wish. No you are going to the Gallows, along with the rest of you Magic users!"
"What about the Orc?"
"Orc? We are letting him rot here. Savages like him don't deserve an execution."
"Oh, I feel so touched. You care enough for me that you'll execute me! I almost would rather you cared for me not."
"Enough talk, you are still scum!"
The guard unlocked the cell, leading me out. I looked over to Ra'kor and he smiled. "Watch for me." Ra'kor called out as the Guard locked the cell. "Quiet! and you prisioners get moving." We moved through the Prision hallway. I could feel the faces of so many lost souls staring at me. All with a strange look of envy on their faces. How long had they been here? Some of them looked like they were rotting while still alive.

It wasn't long before we stepped outside. The sun light blinded me, but when the blindness vanished I saw the gallows. A woman had just been hung. She must have been the first.The Guards lead us round a rather large crowd of people. They were all chanting abusive names at us. Were these people so truly blinded by ignorance that they could not see we would have saved them? One I was with the others who were to be executed, I suddenly remembered why I was to die today. Sean! But Sean was dead thanks to Kit's Demon. Though, Sean had a brother. A member of the Black Hawk Company! Ha! Yes! How did I not see it before! If I announce the Black Hawk's connection to Black Sun, the King would have them removed from service! With that I ran up on to the platform. I looked out at the crowd.
"People of Falmir!" I called out to them, but the people continued to shout at me.
"I know you want me dead, and very soon I shall be. But there is something you should know." The crowd went silent for a few seconds.
"One of the great Guards was working with us Magic users. Adonis Lightfeather!" The crowd grew louder again. I was unsure if they wwere displeased with what I said or with the fact that I wasn't dead.
"Spread the word. He is a traitor! Just like myself! Check the facts! His brother was in my Order! He used Magic!" Several guards started their way up the steps. I knew I had but a few seconds of life left. I looked at the lively crowd again. A guard put the noose around my neck. Once again I looked at the crowd, but everything seemed to slow apart from one person at the back. It was an Orc. He looked like Ra'kor. But he was in the cell? How could he be...
"Pull the lever!"

Attachments

• 60604.png
    60604.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.