• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whats wrong with this spell trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This is a spell I asked help on a few weeks back, and I still cant get it too work. I suspect its lack of variables, but I really have no idea. Anyways, I took a screenshot of it, so take a look for yourselves.
trigger3as.jpg

And while I'm making a topic, I might as well stick up these spell requests, just incase they dont check out the other one :p

4 Levels- Gives the user a chance to turn target enemy into a shrubbery each attack(probably just use hex for the shrub part)

Level 1- 5% chance, Lasts 2 seconds

Level 2- 10% chance, Lasts 2 seconds

Level 3- 15% chance, Lasts 2 seconds

Level 4- 20% chance, Lasts 2 seconds

Here are some panda requests I have as well:

Skill for: Earth Panda model

A skill that puts the earth panda into a roller mode(birth), that increases walk speed and armor. While in this mode he can use no spells.

Level 1- 15% increased walk speed, +1 armor

Level 2- 35% increased walk speed, +2 armor

Level 3- 60% increased walk speed, +3 armor

Level 4- 85% increased walk speed, +4 armor

Skill for: Fire Panda Model

This skill is somewhat similar to a blink strike, except that again, its using the Fire Panda's birth model. You click on an enemy unit and the panda jumps over to them(in birth model) and hits for extra damage. A critical strike passive also goes along with this.

Level 1- 20 extra damage on strike, *Passive* 10% chance to deal 2x damage

Level 2- 40 extra damage on strike, *Passive* 20% chance to deal 2x damage

Level 3- 60 extra damage on strike, *Passive* 30% chance to deal 2x damage

Level 4- 80 extra damage on strike, *Passive* 40% chance to deal 2x damage

Level 11
1) Ok... the first error I found is that in the Pick Up Every Unit lalala, MATCHING, and in the paranthesis you mentioned that unit as (Targeted Unit). Instead, use (Matching Unit).

And btw, who is that casting? It looks like a variable but you didn't define it so practically, it is nothing. Use instead of that casting, (Triggering Unit).

Also, every Order (Last Created Unit) not (last created Unit Group), because it is an unit, not an group. It takes the actions in the loop one by one so you practically mention it as a last unit. You didn't create an unit group...

Also, whenever you want to mentioned the units picked into the (Pick Every Unit...), mention it as (Picked Unit) not as (Targeted Unit.)

And all the actions come INTO the Loop - Actions NOT outside it. Because you practically put these actions outside it.

It seems that you are having some problems with comprehending the preset variables (like Triggering Unit, Casting Unit, Matching Unit as so on...). If you don't understand how to use them, ask here and people will help you but this help won't be endless. Once we tell you what a variable stands for, remember this and don't repeat your mistake.

2) You mentioned the Hex stuff. Why don't you use Orb of Lightning skill and change "Purge" with Hex.

3) Combine the windwalking skill with a dummy cast silence and an item skill which increases armor. Once the buff gave by the windwalk wears off, remove silence and the item skill. Not the best idea with silence though... You might also remove the spells yourself and add them to the unit once again, whent he windwalk disappears.

4) Hmm... The last one is more complicated and I'm not sure if you can do it. Hopefully someone will take your request because I no longer do...

~Daelin

Level 2
Yeah, I have had no experience with editors of any type prior to this, and I basically just started by goofing around with different triggers.

Regarding the Earth Panda, how do I give it the birthing panda model, because the skill initially starts out with the fire panda.

Oh, and that switch the purge buff around didnt really work, and I couldnt set the % with it.

Anyways, thanks for the response.

Level 11
I didn't say Purge... I said "Orb of Lightning". This skill is an item skill and can be found between the other item skills.

As for Panda, just play its animation. There is a trigger Animation - Play Animation and you have to type the name of the animation which can be found above the window where you can preview the animations. ;)

And it's very good to goof around. Keep that going and you will become one day very good. Good luck!

Level 3
Refering to a group when using the editor unit creator is possible, you should know this, JASS pro~~ CreateNUnitsAtLoc takes integer count, integer unitId, player whichPlayer, location loc, real face returns group

Level 3
besides that the trigger is full of mistakes, the 1-unit-group aint one of them (even if i would never do this) i create single units with the equal jass function.

Level 11
FireFreak... We are talking about triggers here, and it isn't I who made it. I just told this guy what to solve here and there. And btw, STOP BRAGGING about you knowing JASS. Many other people know JASS (including me) but we don't brag like you do. This is really irritating just to keep telling everyone that you know JASS. If someone will ask you if you know JASS, then you will of course answer. But if nobody asks you, stop saying it.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.