• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's going on with WC3campaigns.net?

I've been checking WC3C for 3 days now and it is still down, last week I've been seeing warnings that the site has been flagged as a malware distributor site (when using Chrome) but was accessible. Can you guys access WC3C right now? I hope it's not dead, hopefully atleast someone have a backup of all the resources of that site.

Last edited:
Level 36
It's unfortunately been a very long time since WC3C was actively staffed. HIVE kept going in the long, slow in-between by transitioning to SC2 and continuing to support WC3 through and through. It's been a long time since any of the leadership of WC3C have been active, which is a shame because a few of them used to frequent here once upon a time, long ago.

I just wish they will back it up again, maybe give us a warning before they decide to shut it down due to limited funding (because sometimes when I visit the site there's a message about them asking for donations) so we can make a back up of all the resources there especially the exclusive ones. They should promote that forums again, or create a fundraiser. I don't want to witness another Trishroom (another Warcraft III forums I've been part of that died 4 years ago) where all the resources that's been exclusively released there went to the trash bin.

Level 9
The site is down on Chrome and Edge for me, on Firefox it complains of being a malware site, and doesn't connect even when I ignore the warning.
It would be a shame to lose that treasure trove.
Anyone knows anything?

Level 9
Well, there was some website - russian, I think, but not the one starting with X (is it still illegal to mention it, btw?) which basically poached warcraft III models from all over the internet. I may or may not have used it a few years back, when lots of models temporarily disappeared from Hive because of some drama between modellers and admins. "Exclusive" models may be found there, but their search functionality is a mess.

Level 28
Wc3C is dead unfortunately, no one is maintaining the server, it wouldn't last long before it disappear for good.

@Ralle could you somehow transfer the resources of Wc3c into this site? I mean it would be a shame to lose those valuable treasure if the site is gone forever. (Unless they already exist here?)

Reactions: pyf
Man merging WC3C to Hiveworkshop is like making the Warcraft 3 modding a monopoly (except no money involved), and honestly it's not a bad idea. Can't wait to see it happen, although it sad to hear that WC3C is really gone. I honestly prefer the interface of their website and the old BBCode system (like the ol' Hiveworkshop). If merging will never happen I'll be happy to share the resources I was able to save to my hard drive before WC3C died.

Level 21
Cheers Hivers,

i'm sad to see that www.wc3c.net seems to spread maleware these days, at least according to google.
Now they had some interesting content on that site, which hopefully is not lost upon the community now?!

Therefore: Anyone got a backup of their models/skins, even if only partially?

Level 21
i just manned up and got onto the site??!! what the hell

and yes downloads work, but i am warned several times they might be dangerous *worries*

wc3c works.jpg

Level 21
please someone reassure me i didn't wreck my setup now

edit: aggressively installing anti-malware software

Last edited:
Level 7
Inspected the site.
No obvious signs of a currently active malware infestation.
However, the recently observed downtime is in all likelyhood related to one (coin miner, if I were to wager a guess), and thus everything of that domain will remain flagged for awhile.