• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What you did today v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yeah, but I believe your language also shares the concept of "on" (the German "auf") vs. the Engilish "in".
If I'm wrong, excuse me and forget about it :)

Yes, in Norwegian you'd say something equivalent to "reside on Bjølsen" about city-regions. In detail, you live in a city, while you reside on a region.
There's an exception, though, if the name contains a term that implies something you would live on, and it being relatively absurd to live in; for instance living in a hill, when you in fact live on top of it; you say you live on, and vice versa.

Level 13
Jessheim is a city - I don't know if that's official, but even if it's not and it does become a city in two years, everyone will still say "på Jessheim."

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Jessheim is a city - I don't know if that's official, but even if it's not and it does become a city in two years, everyone will still say "på Jessheim."

Probably because of heim. I reckon that's a term for mountains. We've also got Kongsberg, where berg is a term for mountain (in all simplicity), and you say "på Kongsberg" as well.

Right, so for the on-topic segment:

I've spent most of today in bed, sleeping off a cold I caught on Monday evening (well, I guess I caught it when I came home from Greece on Saturday, but it took a few days to surface). A while after midday the damned fire-alarm went off, and some bugger was running around checking if every alarm was working properly. Of course, they only sent one man to scour through the whole building, so it took a while 'till they could turn it off.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The cause of the fire-alarm was just regular security testing, partially to annoy everyone, but I guess it's good to know whether it's working or not, just don't run it for 10 minutes.

The cold is probably because of the dramatic weather change from Greece to Norway.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Ye, it was snowing here in Norway while you were on (xD) Greece. It's fucking cold up here thanks to Global WARMING.

In Greece, on Crete. It was snowing all week? Marvellous, 'cause it said 16 degrees Celsius in Oslo last Friday (we checked yr.no), so we thought "ah, we've skipped the last of the spring and when we get back home it'll be early summer.." but no.

Level 22
In Greece, on Crete. It was snowing all week? Marvellous, 'cause it said 16 degrees Celsius in Oslo last Friday (we checked yr.no), so we thought "ah, we've skipped the last of the spring and when we get back home it'll be early summer.." but no.

It was pretty much snowing all week. It was damn cold and windy too. They predicted a lot of sun though....
Ohsh-, I said wrong, I meant on Crete xD

Level 19
OMG I didn't realize that... That wasn't what I meant... What I really meant was erm, I was just going into the forums while I was supposed to be studying...

PS: I'm really sorry for the offensive language...

Oh, here's a joke about democracy and French:
Real democracy: Lets decide who to send to Uraniumm mines!
American democracy: Lets choose a guy who'll decide who to send to Uraniumm mines!
French democracy: Lets decide who should we send to Uraniumm mines: Africans or Muslims?
Racist. Anyway i was in school today and.. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.