• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What would you like models to look like in WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Alright lets talk about what changes or additions we'd like to see to the WoW models.

In my opinion the female models obviously needs a rework. I wounder when they'll make women start looking like this. That's the dream.

Tyrande-Whisperwind3.jpg

Instead of this.

Tyrande_and_Sylvanas_by_Jujin.jpg

And if Blizzard needs to make models designed for horny players that are into girls made by pixels focus on their beauty not exposing 90% of their skin. I'm sorry that I need to break the news for you Blizzard but the queen of all dragons wouldn't go dressed like Alexstrasza does in your game. In my opinion she should wear a crimson dress and not her undergarments.

I also found this fan made model, undead elves damn it Blizzard make it happen!

nelf_to_dark_ranger.jpg

As for the male characters I'd like to see more undead models like the undead elf but as for the other races I'm pretty happy with what we've seen so far.

theres no point in questioning blizzards logic they hardly care about the lore department anymore

I would agree with that after their switch the MoP (even though it had its own heap of lore), but with the announcement of WoD, I think there are still vestiges of original lore-love.

Anyway, I really want blood elf males to look more manly, regal, lighter, and less fat in the face:
Kael4.jpg
KaelWar3.jpg

versus
180px-Kael%27thas_Sunstrider.jpg

And that stance. Please fix it. I even feel ashamed when I stand like that in real life.

Anyway, it has been a problem ever since they were introduced. The silvermoon guardians are okay because they have a good stance. See what wonders such a small change can do? As for the fatness, just compare magister's terrace kael vs. tempest keep kael. Tempest Keep Kael looks like he just ate a box of twinkies. Magister's terrace kael has that thinner look (except it is almost a depraved look), and so it looks much more appropriate (if only he didn't look like wilem dafoe).

------

Tauren. I like what they did (they look a lot like the ones in the vanilla cinematic trailer). I just hope they have faces that don't look as googley-eyed. The current model actually doesn't have pupils, which made them look far more feral. They can look cartoony on some faces, but I hope there is one that changes the eyes a bit.

Level 24
Intriguing. Every (almost) female model that Blizz (important one) made looks like a whore or something. Nice topic Razosh.

Yeah it's quite bothersome.

As for Purge I also like the WarCraft 3 model much better than the WoW version Blizzard should have put more consideration into the WoW model.

Level 24
something that annoys the hell out of me when it comes to character models is that (male) mages still are freakin' body builders. Meanwhile the (female) warriors are on a diet.

so, unless you want to look like a retard you're forced to create female casters. (gnomes and goblins might be a exception)

I can more than well understand this I also find it a little strange that you can't change body size. I don't see why a spellcaster couldn't be skinny or fat. Except for in instances where you have to run away on a timed schedule where it might be inconvenient to be skinny or fat.

But Pandarens somehow manage being big very well so I don't see why orcs couldn't do the same.

something that annoys the hell out of me when it comes to character models is that (male) mages still are freakin' body builders. Meanwhile the (female) warriors are on a diet.

so, unless you want to look like a retard you're forced to create female casters. (gnomes and goblins might be a exception)

That is the best part. I made a jacked black human male mage with blonde hair just because of that (with a monocle).
attachment.php

Sometimes I'd have him run around without a shirt (in his overalls transmog) just to show off his muscles. He is an anomaly, but he is awesome.

Attachments

• Zuko.jpg
    Zuko.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 610
Level 24
That is the best part. I made a jacked black human male mage with blonde hair just because of that (with a monocle).
attachment.php

Sometimes I'd have him run around without a shirt (in his overalls transmog) just to show off his muscles. He is an anomaly, but he is awesome.

Looks epic, I have never seen that skin and hair combination in real life, I don't even know if it's a possible combination. Since Sweden was one Europes poorest nations up until the 50's - 60's immigration started quite recently and I've met very few people from different cultures. It's a bit sad. It was pretty sad on religion classes everyone was an atheist or an agnostic with an atheistic belief, it made for poor debates. Would have been fun to have some Buddhist's, Hinduism's and other religions could have been quite fun.

And if Blizzard needs to make models designed for horny players that are into girls made by pixels focus on their beauty not exposing 90% of their skin. I'm sorry that I need to break the news for you Blizzard but the queen of all dragons wouldn't go dressed like Alexstrasza does in your game. In my opinion she should wear a crimson dress and not her undergarments.

Actually, should wear nothing, if in dragon form does not wear anything, why should it in human form :)

Level 24
I think many actually would, many parents are okay with buying 12+ games to their 9 year old children when it's fuzzy Pandas fighting one another. But if it's an 18+ game they might not be as fine with it. Remember that if it's 18+ little Timmy's parents will have to buy the game themselves so there's no way to hide it. And WoW's fan base is in my experience mainly young people (age 15 or bellow) so setting a 18+ limit could backfire pretty hard.

Level 17
If we really want to talk logic, there would be no need for dragons to wear garments in human form because they would have no genitals or mammary glands to cover.
Similarly, male human form dragons would not have nipples as they are entirely pointless vestigial structures that merely failed to disappear in the evolution process.

Unless of course they want to be a perfect copy of mortal races for the purpose of a disguise there would be no need to copy all those features, this would only apply to Onyxia and Deathwing in their disguises but most other dragons transform merely for the purpose of interacting with mortal races in a convenient manner.

Level 24
Well technically there are no genitals in WoW not as far as it goes for beasts. So they're probably creating children in some other way. Either that or there are no male individuals which once again brings up the question how?

Last edited:
Well technically there are no genitals in WoW not as far as it goes for beasts. So they're probably creating children in some other way. Either that or there are no male individuals which once again brings up the question how?

Simply make a trek to goldshire on Moon Guard-US. That is where all the baby making happens, AFAIK. At least for humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.