• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What would this score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm wondering what this waterfall I just made score out of 10.Is it bad,decent,or good? I accept all criticizm and opinions,for thats how I made it this far in 2 years.

WC3ScrnShot_073111_222908_06.jpg

I'd give you 2/10. Not to be harsh or anything but It can be done a lot better.

Few Tips:
-Water doesn't go above the rocks, it goes between the rocks (Most of the times).
-When your making a large waterfall you need all kinds of sizes, by clicking "Home, Page Up/End, Page Down" on your keyboard .
-Logically smaller sized waterfalls go between the rocks.
-There is a good waterfall model in the UTM or you can just download it here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/waterfallfx-49397/?prev=search=Waterfall&d=list&r=20 a lot better then the warcraft III one.
-Another thing is to add water at the end of the waterfall, you don't want your waterfall going into the ground.
-A side tip and the last one, try adding nature around the waterfall. Because, where is water there is life.

Also look up to this tutorial, It's easy to follow: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/natural-environments-96825/

Level 7
Try harder.

It doesn't look realistic, you only used two doodads it looks like. Water-fall and rocks. Then added a green fog.
You're waterfalls look like geysers.

Status
Not open for further replies.