• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What world editor has the generic unit event "a unit takes damage"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
JassNewGen pack 5d only have <Specific> unit takes damage.

Maybe the thing i seek doesnt exist?

---------------

just found it by using google lol...

Trigger - Add event ((your unit reference) takes damage) to Trigger (your trigger)

Level 9
This is from the top of my head, but just add a trigger with the event, "a unit is attacked" and then add a "trigger addEvent" where the event will be "[attacked unit] Takes damage" and the trigger is some trigger you have already done with the right conditions and so on.

now hopefully this is triggered in the right order as I think "is attacked" is triggered before "takes damage"

This way you will be able to check HOW much damage it has taken and so on.

This is from the top of my head, but just add a trigger with the event, "a unit is attacked" and then add a "trigger addEvent" where the event will be "[attacked unit] Takes damage" and the trigger is some trigger you have already done with the right conditions and so on.

now hopefully this is triggered in the right order as I think "is attacked" is triggered before "takes damage"

This way you will be able to check HOW much damage it has taken and so on.

Sadly, <Unit> is damaged occurs before it is attacked. =( Weird, huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.