• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

No Unit Takes Damage = No Unit !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of ways to create something like generic Unit Takes Damage event, seeing as the Takes Damage appears only in the Specific Unit Event group.
Alright, what do you think will happen if I put it like this:

Event:
No unit Takes Damage
Conditions
No unit Equal to Attacked unit
Actions:
...(something)...

I'd like to hear your opinion about this weird idea. :?

Alright, I downloaded and installed the WEU. I opened my map with the WEU and there are two things I'm worried about:

1) What Unit condition fo you use for 'Any unit takes damage'?

2) When I save the map with the new data, the World Editor disabled the triggers with this new WEU events/conditions/actions. Why is this happening and how can I fix it? Is it because of the versions?

Ok, I think I know how to use this tool now. But... there's still something that bugs me a little; what if I make a spell by using the WEU enhancements and when someone with a normal WE decides to open the map, he won't get anything! Will it pop up the 'Error - No such data exists' window? I mean, won't this map cause errors and maybe crashes if someone else tries to open it?

Level 2
thats right, it will return errors if someone tries to open this map with normal WE. imo you should just do it with WEU and add a note to the description like "this spell requires WEU to open it" or sumthing.

Level 40
WE Unlimited is just JASS and a bit of hacking the funcs into what blizzard recognizes to be natives.

You have to Initialize the Advanced functions in a Map Init trigger.

Third, coding your own Any Unit Takes Damage would be more useful, more User-Friendly, and would improve your skills in coding. :wink:

Level 40
ah, well if ypu care to learn, it will take you about a month to be able to code fairly efficiently, without having to continuously look up functions

you can do it in GUI as well, anyways

first trigger/function

Unit Is Created

Add event to the third trigger that is Last Created Unit is damaged

second trigger/function

Elapsed Game Time is 1.00 Seconds

Unit Group-Pick Every unit in Units in Playable Map Area and do actions

Add event to the third trigger that is Picked Unit takes damage

third trigger/function

events--none

actions

Execute Trigger Blah
Execute Trigger Blah2

and so on...

where blah, blah2, etc are the triggers with that event. make sure those triggers have no events.

Status
Not open for further replies.