• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what is your favourite food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
how do you take that? personally I used to enjoy conquest as my favourite consumption but I haven't had the chance for the last year or so.

I like turtles
I've eaten turtle before... they called it turtle stakes because it was flipper meat

but it's not the strangest thing I've eaten, komodo dragon lizard meat was the weirdest. the chemicals in its skin causes mental and physical upsets like I started stuttering which I don't do. my brother just got terrible diarrhea and my father forgot the value of currency.

Level 19
I really like it. I like sweet roasted or fried chicken, then in combination with soy sauce it gets even sweeter and juicy, and I just love rice.
there was this white Japanese sauce I tied this one time. it was some kind of tree sap but it was sweet and just heaven. they added it bean dumplings and it was better then iced cake. wish I could go back. that and getting naked in public at the hotsprings best feeling ever!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Troll topic?

but it's not the strangest thing I've eaten, komodo dragon lizard meat was the weirdest. the chemicals in its skin causes mental and physical upsets like I started stuttering which I don't do. my brother just got terrible diarrhea and my father forgot the value of currency.
I somehow doubt that... Firstly Komodo Dragons are extremely rare and a highly protected species only native to an extremely small part of the world. They also do not do well in captivity or outside their native habitat, so although there are breeding programs at various places around the world the output would certainly not be enough for them to be considered as livestock and as far as I am aware there are no large scale commercial programs.

Secondly their skin is mostly keratin and bone. There should be no unnatural or harmful chemicals in it, like with the skin of most animals. That said like all animals they are subject to absorbing and excreting unnatural and potentially toxic chemicals that get ingested and like other reptiles maybe this is done partly using the scales. If it did have an effect on you it would mean the animal was extremely sick before dying, likely in a highly contaminated with toxins environment, and not nature. Or it could have been rotten, in the case of it being a carrion specimen.

More likely you ate some other monitor lizard. Unfortunately many Asian and Australian countries and islands overexploit them as a food source. As far as biology and metabolism goes most are extremely similar to Komodo Dragons, down to young sizes and even down to poisonous bite, and so meat products could easily be falsified for extra money. However again this should not have given you any kind of reaction unless the poor animal grew up somewhere highly contaminated with toxins or was rotten.

soy sauce?

how does that taste?
You claim all these exotic things yet never ate soy sauce, a Japanese staple that is commonly used world wide. A lot of Asian countries smother their food with it. It also sees a lot of use in Europe and America.
rocks... it's strange you can actually survive off of a diet of rocks but it makes sense.
sulphur
calcium
phosphorus
salts
copper
alkaline
A human cannot survive off a diet of rocks. I do not know of anything but some of the smallest/simplest creatures that can.

Alkaline is a description of the pH of something and not a material itself. Rocks certainly are not alkaline as that would imply them being either dissolved or not solid.

Rocks do contain elements important for life such as iron, sodium, etc. The problem is that most of these elements are bound up in highly stable compounds/alloys and hence cannot be naturally absorbed. For example one can eat all the crushed seashells one can swallow and still stuffer from calcium deficiency despite seashells containing a lot of calcium as ones body cannot absorb the calcium in that form.

Some salts are extremely dangerous in high concentrations, and although the body needs them they cannot be eaten directly without massively lowering the concentration. For example I would not suggest eating a hand fill of lithium salt as that will likely cause ones heart to stop as well as other poisoning symptoms.

A lot of metals found in rocks are out right toxic, especially in the concentrations provided. For example Lead, Mercury and Uranium can be present in some rock samples. Some normally harmless elements are also subject to being in the form of radioactive isotopes due to the atomic nature of rock formation.

Further more even if ones body could extract useful substances from rock, chances are doing so would require a lot of energy. This means that one would still need to eat something that provides energy or starve to death. One also needs access to drinking water as rocks provide practically none of that.

A lot of animals eat clay and rocks for mechanical purposes as well as to supplement their diet with the odd trace element. That said it makes up a tiny fraction of their actual diet.

My favourite meal is a good roast turkey with bacon on it, a side dish of rice and some cheese/cream sauce.

Last edited:
Level 19
Troll topic?

I somehow doubt that... Firstly Komodo Dragons are extremely rare and a highly protected species only native to an extremely small part of the world. They also do not do well in captivity or outside their native habitat, so although there are breeding programs at various places around the world the output would certainly not be enough for them to be considered as livestock and as far as I am aware there are no large scale commercial programs.

Secondly their skin is mostly keratin and bone. There should be no unnatural or harmful chemicals in it, like with the skin of most animals. That said like all animals they are subject to absorbing and excreting unnatural and potentially toxic chemicals that get ingested and like other reptiles maybe this is done partly using the scales. If it did have an effect on you it would mean the animal was extremely sick before dying, likely in a highly contaminated with toxins environment, and not nature. Or it could have been rotten, in the case of it being a carrion specimen.

More likely you ate some other monitor lizard. Unfortunately many Asian and Australian countries and islands overexploit them as a food source. As far as biology and metabolism goes most are extremely similar to Komodo Dragons, down to young sizes and even down to poisonous bite, and so meat products could easily be falsified for extra money. However again this should not have given you any kind of reaction unless the poor animal grew up somewhere highly contaminated with toxins or was rotten.

You claim all these exotic things yet never ate soy sauce, a Japanese staple that is commonly used world wide. A lot of Asian countries smother their food with it. It also sees a lot of use in Europe and America.
A human cannot survive off a diet of rocks. I do not know of anything but some of the smallest/simplest creatures that can.

Alkaline is a description of the pH of something and not a material itself. Rocks certainly are not alkaline as that would imply them being either dissolved or not solid.

Rocks do contain elements important for life such as iron, sodium, etc. The problem is that most of these elements are bound up in highly stable compounds/alloys and hence cannot be naturally absorbed. For example one can eat all the crushed seashells one can swallow and still stuffer from calcium deficiency despite seashells containing a lot of calcium as ones body cannot absorb the calcium in that form.

Some salts are extremely dangerous in high concentrations, and although the body needs them they cannot be eaten directly without massively lowering the concentration. For example I would not suggest eating a hand fill of lithium salt as that will likely cause ones heart to stop as well as other poisoning symptoms.

A lot of metals found in rocks are out right toxic, especially in the concentrations provided. For example Lead, Mercury and Uranium can be present in some rock samples. Some normally harmless elements are also subject to being in the form of radioactive isotopes due to the atomic nature of rock formation.

Further more even if ones body could extract useful substances from rock, chances are doing so would require a lot of energy. This means that one would still need to eat something that provides energy or starve to death. One also needs access to drinking water as rocks provide practically none of that.

A lot of animals eat clay and rocks for mechanical purposes as well as to supplement their diet with the odd trace element. That said it makes up a tiny fraction of their actual diet.

My favourite meal is a good roast turkey with bacon on it, a side dish of rice and some cheese/cream sauce.
My brother killed and gutted the animal himself.... and I saw it.... and we only ate the tail....

So yeah I'm pretty sure I know what I ate thank you very much

I'm living on a farm now, and I think I've become addicted to chewing grass :D

It actually tastes a lot like the green part of a watermelon:)

Level 20
Well, my favourite food is...

1. Meat-stuffed cabbage with potatoes and tomato sauce (polish: gołąbki)

2. Sorrel soup with potatoes, eggs and pork scratching (polish: szczawiowa)

3. Dumplings with potato and cottage cheese stuffing (polish: pierogi ruskie)

As for sweeter stuff, I absolutely love me some poppy-seed cake (polish: makowiec) by my mom. So much so that whenever I go home and my mom makes it, I can't stop eating and thus I only allow myself to ask my mom for this cake only once a year - during Christmas :)

Funny thing, now that I make my own food most of the time, I realized how much I miss my mom's cooking. DAMN :D

P.S. I kinda feel like an idiot for replying seriously :D

Last edited:
Level 19
Well, my favourite food is...

1. Meat-stuffed cabbage with potatoes and tomato sauce (polish: gołąbki)

2. Sorrel soup with potatoes, eggs and pork scratching (polish: szczawiowa)

3. Dumplings with potato and cottage cheese stuffing (polish: pierogi ruskie)

As for sweeter stuff, I absolutely love me some poppy-seed cake (polish: makowiec) by my mom. So much so that whenever I go home and my mom makes it, I can't stop eating and thus I only allow myself to ask my mom for this cake only once a year - during Christmas :)

Funny thing, now that I make my own food most of the time, I realized how much I miss my mom's cooking. DAMN :D

P.S. I kinda feel like an idiot for replying seriously :D
why do you feel like an idiot for replying seriously?

your number two, sorrel soup! is fan tactic. I've never had sorrel soup myself but I've had home made sorrel jam!

best jam in the world. it has a sweet and sour taste that goes with anything

meat, bread, fruit salads

it is just an amazing flower

Level 20
why do you feel like an idiot for replying seriously?
Idiot might not have been the best word :D
I've just felt weird that there were so many trolls here that me replying seriously felt out of place :)

As for sorrel... Flower? What?
Maybe my online dictionary sucks, because all I've eaten out of sorrel so far were leaves :D

Level 19
Idiot might not have been the best word :D
I've just felt weird that there were so many trolls here that me replying seriously felt out of place :)

As for sorrel... Flower? What?
Maybe my online dictionary sucks, because all I've eaten out of sorrel so far were leaves :D
Yeah the leaves and the flower are eaten. Personally I like the flower though it is a lot more sour. When making the jam you boil the leaves as well so I guess jam uses both... I should have said.

The hive has a lot of idiots, I don't think you are one of them. Being a troll among trolls doesn't make you out of place, it makes you the only sane one out of the bunch. After all two negatives make a right

Level 20
So you eat sorrel flowers... Damn, I guess you really learn stuff every day :)

Thanks for the compliment. I'm not going to comment on "hive idiots" as you put it, though, because I think this is hardly the place to do so :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
My brother killed and gutted the animal himself.... and I saw it.... and we only ate the tail....

So yeah I'm pretty sure I know what I ate thank you very much
Probably another species of Monitor Lizard. Without being an expert in the field if one was to throw together young specimens of all monitor species at approximately the same body size/weight I am pretty sure you could not tell the difference between them. Even at full size not all Komodo Dragons grow considerably bigger than large specimens of other monitor species.

Generally the biggest hint one can have that a monitor lizard is a Komodo dragon is, unsurprislingly, that you found it in one of the small islands that make up its geographic range.

Level 11
My favorite food is sushi. I think I first tried it around the time I was in college. There is a restaurant near my house which served good sushi. On Sunday and Thursday the restaurant runs an all you can eat sushi special for lunch and dinner at a reasonable price.

Level 19
My favorite food is sushi. I think I first tried it around the time I was in college. There is a restaurant near my house which served good sushi. On Sunday and Thursday the restaurant runs an all you can eat sushi special for lunch and dinner at a reasonable price.
Hmm sushi

sushi is super expensive here so again

hmm sushi ... I wish I was as lucky as you. all you can eat, I wouldn't stop eating

Level 11
Hmm sushi

sushi is super expensive here so again

hmm sushi ... I wish I was as lucky as you. all you can eat, I wouldn't stop eating

I hate paying so much for a food that often is not even cooked but it is so tasty. Getting an all you can eat deal makes eating sushi more financially reasonable because you can save a lot of money as opposed to buying several smaller dishes which could easily cost you twice to three times as much depending on how much you eat.

Level 19
I just made myself some anti depressant mushrooms... I mean crunches :D Lol I don't know why I said mushrooms :)

I used fennel seed, coffee, tea, lots of sugar, oats and cinnamon. The aroma is wonderful!!!! Haven't tasted any yet because they are still hot, but I can't wait :)

Level 19
I'm a simple man, I like fruits. The juicier, the better. (I'm poor)
What are some of the fruits you have had?

I've had dragon fruit which apparently has a taste... which I can't taste lol
This other yellow fruit which looks like a giant apple, which is sour but nice :D
Another fruit that looks like a tomato but is sweet, orange and hard
Prickly Pears... basically a cactus fruit which is sweet but ouch(there is a poem about this fruit, 'Round and round the prickly pear at 4 o' clock in the morning' it basically means life is like trying to get that sweet thing but there are thorns on it... and that we wake up early to get a hold of it but we can never touch it)
zombie cucumbers... don't ask and don't try it, it is the same plant they make date rape drugs from and it taste horrible(I just tried a little, no rape for me thank you very much)!
hmm yep that is all

Your turn

Level 11
I honestly rarely purchase sushi for lunch or dinner because of the price and the fact that most of the restaurants my parents and I go to do not serve it so I would have to change my favorite food to cheese.

Level 5
tumblr_o8s6cmMvxx1srkvm1o1_250.gif

The Hound is my spirit animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.