• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the technology stack used for the Hive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
What technology / frameworks are used by the Hiveworkshop? E.g. For a webapp I might use JSP's for the frontend, and have a Java RESTful backend to handle the actual computations. For storing data I could use a Postgresql database service. All this is run on a Linux remote machine.

I see that some of the resources ended in .php, however they don't actually have to be php files (I could have my webresources look like newthread.jass for example, and underlying it could be a Python script).

Follow ups:

What is the cost of keeping the Hive up per month?

Is the Hive maintained and developed by a single person (Ralle)?

Is there any plan for monetizing the Hive (I see there's no advertisements on the site)?

I'm assuming LAMP or LNMP.

The backend is almost entirely coded in PHP as that is what the forum system is made on.

I see that some of the resources ended in .php, however they don't actually have to be php files (I could have my webresources look like newthread.jass for example, and underlying it could be a Python script).

ok?

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
What technology / frameworks are used by the Hiveworkshop? E.g. For a webapp I might use JSP's for the frontend, and have a Java RESTful backend to handle the actual computations. For storing data I could use a Postgresql database service. All this is run on a Linux remote machine.

Lighttpd with PHP and MySQL on vBulletin.

Follow ups:

What is the cost of keeping the Hive up per month?
$160 + Domain + Mailgun + vBulletin license = $~166
Is the Hive maintained and developed by a single person (Ralle)?
Yes.

Is there any plan for monetizing the Hive (I see there's no advertisements on the site)?
Try disabling AdBlock.

Level 6
$160 + Domain + Mailgun + vBulletin license = $~166

Wow it is really unbelievable how Ralle maintain the money on this site.

Is there any real life advantages that Ralle gets maintaining this site that is equivalent on spending money for this site aside from friends and appreciation?

Money nowadays is so hard to earned and with less amount of players to donate I am really amazed on this site.

Could you show me the numbers how this site is maintained financially?

Status
Not open for further replies.