• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the tallest Creature on Azeroth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ragnaros is not from Azeroth, he's from the Firelands ;)
There's Kologarn, in Ulduar, who is one hell of a huge fella. I have no knowledge of the lore about him though, so I don't know if he originates from Azeroth.
Dragon Aspects are pretty gigantic too, like Alexstrasza or Deathwing.

As for the battle vs an Old God, no idea. There's not much material to speculate about this, the only way to find out would be to put them to a fight in an giant arena :p

Level 11
Equally well size does not matter because a tiny monster that is level 90 is considerably more powerful than a room sized monster that is level 10.
From a gameplay point of view, yes. C'thun, as a level 60 boss, would be crushed by a bunch of non elite level 100 murlocs.
But from a "realistic" point of view (say, if this world were real), what would it be like? Deathwing or C'thun? Ragnaros or Yogg Saron? Others? In WoW, you can't test it out, mostly because of the issue you mentioned, and also because theses bosses require a well-executed strategy to defeat them (which is why they are so tough for players). That rule wouldn't apply for a boss vs boss fight. How would Deathwing deal with C'thun tactics? :D

Level 5
Turtle
284669.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
But from a "realistic" point of view (say, if this world were real), what would it be like? Deathwing or C'thun? Ragnaros or Yogg Saron? Others? In WoW, you can't test it out, mostly because of the issue you mentioned, and also because theses bosses require a well-executed strategy to defeat them (which is why they are so tough for players). That rule wouldn't apply for a boss vs boss fight. How would Deathwing deal with C'thun tactics?
All of them would die because they cannot exist in the real world. And even if they did they would all lose out to guns and modern weapons. Do not try bringing reality into a fantasy RPG.

Level 11
All of them would die because they cannot exist in the real world. And even if they did they would all lose out to guns and modern weapons. Do not try bringing reality into a fantasy RPG.
I said "if this world was real", not "if this was all happening in our world". ;)
In other words, I was considering the world of Warcraft without gameplay mechanics, I was not thinking of our world. Just the fantasy world of Warcraft, with its own rules and lore. In that world, who knows which boss would overcome the others? As I was saying, it's hard to tell, there's nothing we can rely on to conclude anything. Sorry, I'm struggling to explain my thoughts in English :D

I said "if this world was real", not "if this was all happening in our world". ;)
In other words, I was considering the world of Warcraft without gameplay mechanics, I was not thinking of our world. Just the fantasy world of Warcraft, with its own rules and lore. In that world, who knows which boss would overcome the others? As I was saying, it's hard to tell, there's nothing we can rely on to conclude anything. Sorry, I'm struggling to explain my thoughts in English :D

WoW is a fantasy world, bringing our world's logic into Warcraft fantasy would be pointless. In this case a level 100 Murloc is more powerful than C'Thun just because it is so in WoW. WoW's logic is different from our perception of bigger = stronger. There is also no consistency in WoW; Footman in War 3 is weaker than those found in WoW ect..

Reactions: pyf
Level 11
I never said I was bringing our logic to WoW. I said I was thinking in terms of Warcraft logic and lore, but without considering gameplay mechanics. Like you would do for a film or a book.

I never said I was bringing our logic to WoW. I said I was thinking in terms of Warcraft logic and lore, but without considering gameplay mechanics. Like you would do for a film or a book.

Well then, you have an answer. The turtle (pandaria island) is the tallest creature native to Azeroth.

Level 11
I wasn't the one asking. I suggest you read this thread again, because I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say ;)

Level 14
Well.. that creature is dead and extinct, whoever that was. It looks like a dragon, hence why the area was named Dragonblight.
Well, he's the largest, not the tallest, i think that the Sword of Sargeras is by now the tallest thing in Azeroth, and i'm not sure if there is a living being that can surpass that size.
R.I.P. Galakrond owning the thread. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.