• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Creature Wars Beta Tester Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Creature Wars Beta Test (Closed)

This project is currently put on hold. If you are a map maker and would like to continue the project from where I left off, send me a message.

This is a game where a player takes on the responsibility of raising a creature from an egg, to an adult. You have to keep it at a temperature, feed it, give it water and such. After your creature grows into an adult, you then kill the other players with the creature.

It may seem simple, but not at all.

Heres how things work:

Egg Stage
You must provide warmth for your egg (which comes from a blanket you start with). Your egg will die if it is too cold or too hot. The egg goes through 3 stages: Small, medium and large. After all 3 stages of the hatching process is completed, your egg turns into a creature which is determined by it's temperature. The egg stage last roughly 5 minutes.

Cold Creature
A cold egg provides a cold creature, which has the elements of water, frost or ice.

Normal Creature
A moderate temperature egg provides a normal creature, which has the elements of life, earth, and essence.

Fire Creature
A hot egg provides a fire creature, which has the elements of fire or magma.

Creature Stage
Your egg has hatched, you are now ready to take care of your new creature. You must keep its body temperature almost the same as it was as an egg, but now you have to feed it and give it water to keep it alive. This is the Baby Stage of the creature. This stage last roughly 10 minutes.

Baby Stage
Your creature has hatched, but it cannot take care of itself yet. You must feed it, give it water and moderate its body temperature to keep it alive. You get food from the town at a building called Creature Care Center, you get water from the Well in town (which is free), and the warmth comes from a blanket you start with.

Because the food cost gold to purchase, you need a source of income. Your creature has it's own source of income by providing raw materials for you as it grows. You can sell these matierals for gold to town shops to buy the resources you need for your creature. The materials range from scales to fur, essence of fire to gemstones. Several types of materials are made by your creature, which depends on it's element.

Teenage Stage
Your creature has grown and matured enough to survive on it's own. It's new source of food still comes from town though, but from the farm. Your creature may be a carnivore, herbavore or omnivore. Animals can be bought from the farm in town for meat eating creatures, and plants can be grown next to your house for plant eating creatures.

During the teenage stage, your creature will fight the undead which stumble on your land. In which time your creature will develop abilities to fight with when it grows into an adult, based on how well your creature does during the teenage stage.

The teenage stage last roughly 15 minutes.

Adult Stage
Your creature has grown into an adult! The time has come to kill off the enemy player's creatures before they grow into an adult as well! Your creature is allowed to leave your land and venture off into enemy territory. It is a race against time. Will you be the first to raise an adult creature? Or become victim to one?

I am requesting players to reply to this thread if they are interested in beta testing my map when it is ready. There are only 4 player slots (I know, don't comment on it.).

The requirements to become a beta tester for the map are simple:
1.) You can spot typo's and grammar errors in the game text.
2.) You can play on the USWest (Lordaeron server) of battle.net.
3.) You are mature enough to know the difference between a sarcastic comment and a rude inquiry.
4.) Have some map making background knowledge. (For understanding the difficulty of the making of the map itself, before you start suggesting stuff)

The map is not yet complete, and I will post updates and pictures as soon as I can.

Progress:

Terrain: 35%
Triggers: 12%
Units: 14%
Abilities: 3%
Items: 15%
Map Integrity: 55% (Idea & goals of the game)

Overall Progress: 22.3%

Estimated Time of Completion: 17 days
(Problems have occured during the making of the map and set back the production)

Players 1-4
Slot 1: Jokunen / Rather Shabby
Slot 2: Empty
Slot 3: Empty
Slot 4: Empty

Observers 1-6
Obs 1: Dreknethema / Pun (Creator)
Obs 2: Cyper95 / Cyper95
Obs 3: Empty
Obs 4: Empty
Obs 5: Empty
Obs 6: Empty

Pending 1: ace992 / Happy-i-am

Interested in signing up? Heres what you do:

Example Sheet

Name: Dreknethema
In-game Name: Pun
Position Applying For: Observer/Player
Comments: [Insert Comment Here] (What makes you elligible for the position you are applying for?)

Copy & Paste Sheet

Name:
In-game Name:
Position Applying For:
Comments:

(I know it seems to be a bit much, but if no one wants to apply for this, don't complain if the map is bad when I post it. I am going to work on it and test it out before it is posted on TheHiveWorkshop.)

Questions? Comments? Talk to this guy here :xxd::fp: :pal:

Current Map Size: 64x64
Player Slots: Red, Blue, Teal, Purple
Average Game Duration Estimate: 50 Minutes
Daily Time Spent on Map Progress: 3-6 Hours
Amount of time procastinating: Endless

I am searching for a mini map picture, and loading screen picture. It would be nice if the mini map picture would be a hatching dinosaur egg, and the loading screen picture showing the pictures of an egg, turning into a baby creature, then turning into a teenager, then turning into an adult creature. Preferably the creature to be a frog, just for an example. It starts as an egg, turns into a tadpole, then grows legs, and then walks on land as an adult. (Even though the game is not played like that is and geared towards advanced evolution for future maps)

If anyone would like to contribute to either of these, post a reply.

Last edited:
Level 4
Name: Jokunen
In-game Name:Rather Shabby
Position Applying For:Gamer/Observer
Comments:I'm good at english, I will probably spot the typos or grammar mistakes until you order me to stop it for being such a smartass. I don't have much experience mapping, but enough to know the limit between utterly impossible and well...possible :D

Status
Not open for further replies.