• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Is the Forgotten One Yogg-Saron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, I have a question about the lore of warcraft.
The Question is simple:
Is the warcraft III ''Forgotten one'', the creature Arthas defeated when he wasn't the lich king, actually the death god Yogg-Saron?
A mean their appearance is slightly the same, but nothing I've found tells me whether The Forgotten One is Yogg-Saron or not. Do you know?
Yogg-Saron
yoggy.png
The Forgotten One
ForgottenOne.jpg

Level 10
No, that wasn't him. There isn't much clarification as to what the Forgotten One(s) actually are, although they are speculated to be related to Yogg-Saron due to the physical likenesses and the use of Faceless minions by both.

By the way, this would be better in the Warcraft discussion instead of Off-Topic.

Level 10
By the way, this would be better in the Warcraft discussion instead of Off-Topic.
Ah well, I thought that it was pretty off-topic, what's done is done x)
All these Old Gods were a maximum of three when the Titans were done kicking their asses, so the tree surviving must have been: Yogg-Saron, C'Thun and ???. Can't remember the last name, if there even was one. Maybe the last was The Forgotten One.

*Edit
After some research I found out that there can be all between 3-5 gods, different sources tells different numbers.

Level 13
By the way, Arthas was helped by the Crypt Lord, Anub'arak, so I highly doubt he were living when he killed Forgotten One.

Level 27
I bet we all know it's just some nameless forgotten one implemented for gameplay purposes etc. and you would hope for a background on the thing but there probably simply isnt anything on him because blizzard didn't think of that.

The thing dies right? So, well... it's dead so it's history anyways...

Level 8
I think that it could be part of Yoggy or another Old God... because a deathknight and a beetle can't really take on an Old God.

Anub'arak: It cannot be... A forgotten one! Look to your defenses, Death Knight! Fight as you've never fought before!

I think it is safe to say that there are probably more than one forgotten ones. The remains of one, which is either believed to be an old god or just a minion, is found in Darkshore, in Master's Glaive. ( lol, I wandered there aimlessly and thought it was just some big octopus :p )

800px-Master%27s_Glaive.jpg

http://www.wowwiki.com/Master's_Glaive

I guess it could be possible that Yogg is that forgotten one, but I am not so sure. Yogg is located in Ulduar in Storm Peaks, whereas the forgotten one that was slain was in Azjol-Nerub. It could also be C'thun, but I don't think C'thun has ever died.

That's why I think it was just some random, powerful ancient. ;D Besides, I don't think Anub'arak and Arthas could kill an old god. ( Albeit, that fight was pretty difficult on the first few tries D; )

Level 31
there are many speculations about tihs

in icecrown glacier, there is a large saronite mine. at the bottom is a large mouth, which uses the c'thuns first form model (where he is just a mouth with an eye floating in it)

also, it said that the forgotten one might be a part of yogg'saron, or maybe a minion, since it is also speculated that the corpse of the beast at the master's glaive is a powerful forgotten one

also, to further prove this, in the next WoW expansion in the new zone, The Twilight Highlands (the twilights hammer are a cult who worship the old gods) that same corpse is there which has been dug out and they are most likely trying to ressurect it.

also, it is said that since the nerubians are also part of the aqir, it is said that c'thun put a portion of himself in northrend to regain the nerubians leadership

whatever it is, nobody EXACTLY knows what the forgotten one is and were it came from, but we have many speculations

i suggest wowwiki.com/old_god and wowwiki.com/forgotten_one

Level 10
Wow, the Blizz company surely knows how to mess up story. Right now I suppose they're trying to ''Mend'' as much as possible.
also, it is said that since the nerubians are also part of the aqir, it is said that c'thun put a portion of himself in northrend to regain the nerubians leadership
Interesting line, but wasn't C'thun defeated by 25 adventurers (I lol'd) in the temple of ahn quirahj? (god that's hard too spell)

Level 31
Wow, the Blizz company surely knows how to mess up story. Right now I suppose they're trying to ''Mend'' as much as possible.

Interesting line, but wasn't C'thun defeated by 25 adventurers (I lol'd) in the temple of ahn quirahj? (god that's hard too spell)

dude, the nerubians and aqir split THOUSANDS of years before that, even before the night elves existed (it was after the Troll and Aqir wars)

also c'thun was very weakened after being recently summoned which is why he was defeated so easily, an old god fully out of his prison at the peak of his power could wipe out the mortal races of azeroth easily

Level 23
Big Mouth - Check
Tentacles - Check
Faceless Minions - Check that too.

I wouldnt say they are the same, however im pretty sure the forgotten one is the reason/inspiration why they decided to add a northrend Old God.

Status
Not open for further replies.