• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What does "exactly" stats - priority do?

Level 17
Hello everyone. I have a aos/moba map and i want to learn something about the priority
Here is what happens in my map.

Enemy creeps (computer controlled non-hero units) are attacking one of towers of my team.

Tower attacking creeps
Creeps attacking Tower.

I have a hero and i am passing nearby of the creeps. (not attacking or casting spells on them) but they are suddently stopping attack tower and starts chasing and attacking me.

Is there any non-triggered solution about that?

And object editor tips or tricks?

Level 25
As far as I know, "Stats - Priority" only affects the order of units' icons when you have selected multiple units. By default, heroes have highest priority, so they always appear first in the list. Take for example these units. Their default priorities are the numbers in the screen:
1683226309710.png

Changing priority for Dryad from 4 to 1 will move it to the back of the list:
1683226347419.png

So it's just a visual thing, nothing related to combat. For combat, I think the priorities are placed on whether the unit is a hero and on unit's classification (like suicidal, worker, etc.), whether it can attack or it has no attack at all, etc.

Armour type also affects target priority, units with fortified armour will be automatically targeted last, so that unit don't target structures before enemy units. Give fortified armour to a unit and other units will only attack it last out of any other group of non-fortified units.