• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Auto-attack priority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, this might be a common problem but nothing I read made me find a solution for this.
I don't remember ever experiencing this before, so it's been a really pain for me.
I have a map where it spawns creeps for both teams, and these creeps meets in apoint of the map and start attacking it other (attack-move to order). But when a Hero come and start attack an enemy creep, all enemy creeps starts attacking the Hero. I don't want the hero to be priority attack for the creeps unless it attacks an enemy hero (so the creeps protect the attacked hero attacking it's aggressor). How can I archive this?

I've tried using Stats-priority in Object Editor, setting all my heroes to 1 and the creeps to 10. Nothing changes.

Level 2
you have to use player slots for your creeps so their AI won't be that different. Last 4 neutral slots are heavily conditioned around being aggressive and non-consistant next to normal player's slots
Hey, thank you! But I use player slots for the creeps.
Just like in Dota. The creeps are for red and green, both controlled by Computer. When the creeps go to lanes, it's behave well (attacking enemy creeps), but when a hero starts attacking the creeps it becomes main target. I just don't know how to avoid this.

It would not be an issue, if the hero is attacking another hero (aggro) but when attacking creeps, should not happen

Level 19
well, dota have no extra AI for creeps. They belong to player(0) and player(6) and only aggro is triggered, by default they never make any priorities withing similar targets. Are your heroes slower than creeps? Or hero's armor takes way more damage than creeps do? Something attracts them, you must find what exactly

Level 2
well, dota have no extra AI for creeps. They belong to player(0) and player(6) and only aggro is triggered, by default they never make any priorities withing similar targets. Are your heroes slower than creeps? Or hero's armor takes way more damage than creeps do? Something attracts them, you must find what exactly
Well, I think you just gave me the answer I needed, you're a legend! I didn't know that the creeps movespeed mattered, my creeps had 325 base MS, while heroes had 290 base. Probably it won't happen again. Thank you!

Level 2
well, if it helped you.. dota's heroes are slower than creeps too
So... It means this shouldn't happen in first place? I don't like my creeps slow... The other option you gave was if my heroes armor takes more damage, my creeps have "normal" defense type and heroes have "hero" defense type... Is it wrong somehow?

Level 2
are you using "ward" classiciation for creeps? not much comes to my mind
No, I haven't set any unit classification for the creeps. But I changed the armor type for the creeps to "Unarmored" and it seems they stopped targeting heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.