• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you want to see in an AoS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the following project : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/aos-botef-204328/

Many peoples here and in the world play to AoS maps/games, from DotA and LoL to unknown maps.

But now, since too much maps of the genre exists, it's harder than before to be original and to make a map apprecied by the players.

That's why i need to know what you need for an aos to like it and ejoy playing it.

Level 19
Check this thread I made:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/your-opinions-215991/
Compilations of stuff for AoS/Arenas.

Well, for me:
1. Lanes have a function for starters
2. Multiple defeat conditions
3. Original streak system or bounty system
4. Story. Most AoS maps dont even have a good one.
5. Items which help the heroes more, and act like abilities.
6. Managing large scaled stuff such as spawns/bases and more.
7. Instead of destroying towers, why not capture them and make them sort of an encampment to give them at least use. Their useless at multiplayer.
8. Nice terrain and terrain modifiers
9. Good polishing with stuff such as tooltips, stories
10. Day/Night cycle has a use instead of just lowered vision. Also, removed Fog of War and change it to stuff like bushes which render players invisible upon going to it.

Basically, I want more emphasis on strategy, position, build and terrain factors.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
Take one of the thousands of jass systems that experienced users have made, and build your entire map around one of them. Do something that other AoS don't do.

Example of GOOD AoS is Eve of the Apocalypse and Arkana.

Eve of the Apocalypse made an entirely new metagame by adding custom concepts into their game like tower cores and energy.

Arkana (originally called perSonas) allowed every player to choose two heroes and swap between them on the fly, thus allowing them to dodge projectile spells.

What I'm trying to say is, do something original and fun. Don't just make another dota map. They're all shit, including dota.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
Keep in mind that all you need for an AoS is players controlling heroes, and neutral spawned units.

Everything else like lane shape/count, jungle, number of spawned creeps, reviving, victory conditions, combat system, income, conditions for spawning creeps, how a player heals, how a player becomes stronger, items, can be changed to however you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.