• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do YOU want in an RPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Personally I prefer the good old Blizz style. You know

NEW QUEST DISCOVERED
Orcs for Supper
- Kill Chef Gard

But I like new things, inventories, stats I like people to be creative.

What do you want in an RPG? What do you hate? Do you want classic Blizzard style? Or something diffrent?

Level 22
Classic is best.

Things I look for:
Detail.
Involveing Story that well planned out and is not corny.
Multiple endings.
A choice in characters to play.
Cutscenes and cinimatics during missions.
Single and multiplayer support.

Things I hate:
Bugs from lack of play testing (you built it...please play it)
Bland terrain. (textures...doodads....use them!)
Item recepies. Its all needless fluff. Just make normal items.
Locked cameras on units.
BETA versions....finish it before posting!
Full-house only RPGs.

Pointers:
Dont hit the player with too much info at the start. Introduce it bit by bit, especially if its a complicated RPG with complicated aspects to it.
Dont use too long of an opening cinimatic. Story is important, but dont make players wait too long to get into the action.
-VGsatomi

Level 2
I definitly think that correct spelling is important in maps. I just can't stand it when I read a two-line long paragraph about a hero and it isn't spelled correctly.

Level 2
Classic is good but I'm always open to new ideas if they're any good
I HATE save/load maps, they just take too long and people play them so long that they eventually find out how to mess it up :x
Story and gameplay are the main things though, if a map has crappy terrain but good everything else I can live with it

Status
Not open for further replies.