• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4 , what do you think about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
If blizzaard would ever make a WC4 , what would you like them to change?
What do you want to be added?
I would want them to change the terrain system. this one is a bit . . how should i say this . uh . .a bit , well , the new one should be complexer.
At least alot of chaanges to the world - editor.
And a fifth race , the burning legion.
And more look on Hero's and some aspects of RPG games in the game , naval units , and a better look on Custom-maps (less melee)

What do you think/want/expect/suggest?

Level 4
HERE IT GOES

better hero system, that is you can keep the wc3 hero system for melee maps but for scenarios you should be allocated stat points instead of it auto building.

Arthas/Lich King should be unkillable when using him (like a really easy first campaign/tutorial) and have sylvanus' people as the undead.

Campaign heroes should have unique normal abilities, e.g. Tyrande can set an ambush by teleporting 6 units to either her location or any locaiton on the map. Arthas can charm undead to his side. Malfurion can summon spirit furbolgs to attack his enemies etc.

Cooler hero models, the hero in the opening video scene of wc3 has a sweet looking guy that stands on the rock. That should be a hero skin.

Secret campaign, just something fun from blizzard, like play as creeps or play as a hero normal unit (hero footman, hero ghoul etc)

Improved inventory, a hero can only carry one of each item type except for certain classes, there are class specific items and each hero is given a health and mana potion at the beginning. If anyone has ever played warlords battlecry you'll know what i mean.

Simpler editor, e.g. creating dialogues isn't hard but it would be much easier if you could just create a trigger that was:

Dialogue - Create Dialogue with (6) buttons.
Dialogue - set button(1) name of (last created dialogue) to dialoguebutton

but much simpler than that, it would save a lot of time even though it's not necessary.

A model editor, i know this is a bit much but a wc model editor in the world editor that let's you import other models and use them to edit the wc models as well as a simple color job on models.

Unit experience,
Every 2-5 kills a unit gains a small bonus(1-3) to damage or life(20) or something.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents

Level 7
Re: HERE IT GOES

gerbal_warfare said:
better hero system, that is you can keep the wc3 hero system for melee maps but for scenarios you should be allocated stat points instead of it auto building.

Arthas/Lich King should be unkillable when using him (like a really easy first campaign/tutorial) and have sylvanus' people as the undead.

Campaign heroes should have unique normal abilities, e.g. Tyrande can set an ambush by teleporting 6 units to either her location or any locaiton on the map. Arthas can charm undead to his side. Malfurion can summon spirit furbolgs to attack his enemies etc.

Cooler hero models, the hero in the opening video scene of wc3 has a sweet looking guy that stands on the rock. That should be a hero skin.

Secret campaign, just something fun from blizzard, like play as creeps or play as a hero normal unit (hero footman, hero ghoul etc)

Improved inventory, a hero can only carry one of each item type except for certain classes, there are class specific items and each hero is given a health and mana potion at the beginning. If anyone has ever played warlords battlecry you'll know what i mean.

Simpler editor, e.g. creating dialogues isn't hard but it would be much easier if you could just create a trigger that was:

Dialogue - Create Dialogue with (6) buttons.
Dialogue - set button(1) name of (last created dialogue) to dialoguebutton

but much simpler than that, it would save a lot of time even though it's not necessary.

A model editor, i know this is a bit much but a wc model editor in the world editor that let's you import other models and use them to edit the wc models as well as a simple color job on models.

Unit experience,
Every 2-5 kills a unit gains a small bonus(1-3) to damage or life(20) or something.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents

Rather than do what you said, the WE should have two modes: Simple and Advanced.

Simple would be essentially an easier version of the WCIII editor (like a cross between that and SC's Campaign Editor), and the Advanced should be at least 2x as powerful as the current editor (which is extremely powerful to begin with, but there are a few other things that I'd like to be able to edit that you can't).

Level 2
Sound : 100

Music : 100

Terrain : 87.6

Models : 100

Heroes : 97.2

Spells : 98.4

Units : 100

Story : 100

Melee Maps : 100

Custom Campaign : Needs a lot of working to be done... People wants to play more campaigns...

Races : Human, Undean, Orcs, Night Elf, Burning Legion, Dranei, Naga and some others...

So sit back enjoy your time with WARCRAFT 3 and WORLD OF WARCRAFT and wait at least 2 years for the great WARCRAFT 4... :wink:

Level 2
i dunno about WC4, they already made WoW and if they changed the storyline or sumthing without doing that to WoW i think it would seem a little strange... but i really have no idea of what im talking about really, i might be wrong, might be able to change it.. i would like more campaigns and prolly some melee maps with stuff like quests and stuff

Level 9
Wc4? Nope, try WoW expansions forever. The likelyness blizzard will make a Wc4 is almost none. MMORPGS brought them way to much cash for them to even consider doing a Wc4. It will be a very long time until theirs a Wc4, if ever. Expect a WoW2 or SC MMORPG, or even a new diablo before a Wc4 comes out.

Level 2
About Diablo yes. You are right. I did read in a newspaper and on one very trusted website that there will be a Diablo 3 before Warcraft 4.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Wc4 has a good chance of coming out, but we will have to wait much much time...

I would like to see many new playable races: Humans, Dwarves, Blood Elves, Orcs, Darkspear Trolls, Bloodhoof Tauren, Stonemaul Ogres, Forsaken, Lich King's Undead, Skeletons (maybe), Night Elves, Druids, Naga, Draenei, Fel Orcs, Demons, Mur'guls, Corrupted Ancients.

Triggers: Everything that exists on World Editor, but cooler spells, a new way of designing cool spells with effects without needing JASS (I know it's also possible on GUI but it needs alot of work), the functions to change a unit's name, and also a unit upgrading ability, like gerbal_warfare said, to make a unit stronger when it owns other units. Easier and simplier way of making AIs.

It would be also cool that Blizzard always sends a map which we can test for every function. I usually test all the functions in a random map to know what I can do with GUI.

Level 3
What I want most is 3d pathing, so units could, for startters, move both under and over bridges, I imagine it could theoretically create problems for camera, if it's used to make caves and such, but other than that I wouldn't mind higher cliff limits, and ramping that could sit along cliff sides, as the difference could be monumental, also, a "wall" terrain or building would be nice, with the animation something like what was on War2.

Level 8
2 of my big suggestions have already been said (using the editor to make models and spells), maybe make the models in the editor (that are 'new custom unit' based) unarmed, maybe even unarmored, so you can equip them yourself.
Well, basically keep the style of the editor the same but add ALOT more features, If they stuff the campaign, at least if the editor rocks you can salvage it.

Oh, and make Arthas more dramatic, FT disappointed me by Arthas's lack of uh emotion.

Level 3
New Races Besides Humans, orcs, night elfs, and undead: Draeni, Naga, Demon/Burnin Legion, Creeps.

World Editor- Make it easier, easier to customize, new terrain. Easier Triggers

Game- Better graphics, even though WC3 are good. Female Peasants AND Male :) Units grow "level" or rank as they kill and survive, evn though that might be hard, better yet ranks.

And that is it for now

Status
Not open for further replies.