• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you expect from a 5 dollar game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Hopefully not to suck, and maybe be W10 compatible? :wink:

Bought in early 2011 in a French Saturn store, not long before they became Boulanger stores. X(

Blizzard games - front.jpg
Blizzard games - side.jpg

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Yes.

Video games can be very cheap, when you buy them in the right place at the right time. I remember buying games such as Homeworld, Earth 2150, Virtua Fighter 1 and 2, Heretic II... each for 1 Euro in retail stores.

Here is a thread in French about video games bought at the flea market. There is also some info about great bargains from some web sites.

@Rex. : were you specifically referring to indie / homebrew games?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Not a lot, event for indie titles, 5 dollars is rather cheap. Unless it is on sale, it is probably trash.

$5 might not be the right price for any new, unknown video game, because of customary pricing:
Price point - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That being said, how many AAA games are worth their launch retail price nowadays?

@Rex.
Indie DB might help keep track of popular gaming trends? (though I do not understand how their sorting works)

If not:
Delve into the world of auteur game design with 15 of the best indie games
Indie games on Steam (top sellers)
(both with prices)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/02/opinion-the-top-15-indie-games-of-2013
Best indie games | GamesRadar+
(games up until the year 2013)

I myself remember having enjoyed playing Game Dev Tycoon
Official site

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.