• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Should i (we) buy a Playstation 3?

Should i Buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 58.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
500 Dollars? What the hell?

Dude, make sure you go for the new PS3 Slim which shouldn't be anymore than 300 dollars with a 120 GB HD

I don't want to start a console war here, although I personally prefer the Xbox 360. It all depends on your choice in games. If money isn't an issue, I'd say go for a powerful PC rig instead.

But otherwise, go for it.

Level 2
Yeah you can find a MUCH MUCH cheaper ps3 like the new 120gb slim for 299$, which I'm sure is available for int'l delivery.

ps3 > 360 imo only because of free online/wireless, other than that I'm all for 360.

Level 7
A little more than 5 Danish kr.
; and if I had the money I'd buy one, so I'd do it if I were you :smile:

Level 13
No because xbox right now is better than PS3 and maybe later when PS3 are so god damn expensive and most of there games aren't shit then you can go buy one.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Where did you find it for 2500NoK?! It's still 3500NoK here. Anyway, 2500NoK is about 430USD.

Oh, and I've never seen in for 7500NoK, that's just.. insane!

I'd wait for the price to drop if I were you.. it can't stay at initial price much longer now.

Level 13
Have you watched the PS3 graphic? It's awesome. And there are good game for it also. + You get your own blu-ray player. :p

ya the graphics are awesome but are the games fun here's a list of only good things for ps3.

1.Graphics
2.Free Live
3.No goddamn 3 rings of death
4.Bigger memory

So all n all PS3 are good but not as good as 360 and also wait for the wii thing for 360 then every1 and there mums will be haven a 360.

Level 11
It might be cheaper, but that doesn't mean it's cheap. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of money you'll need to pay for games.

Level 24
If there aren't a decent amount of PS3-exclusive games that you are looking forward to playing, don't buy it. It's really that simple.

Level 11
That's like triple expenses. Dude, seriously, the only machine worth playing games on is a computer, and it will always be that way. Plus, every game for PC is way cheaper than a PS/Xbox one.

Level 11
Because:

1) You can play with a friend in the same house.

2) It's more simple to play games on a console, since all you need to do is to press like 3 buttons. It shuts down much faster too.

3) There are some games which were initially programed for consoles, and reprograming for PCs hasn't been done thoroughly, and all this causes bad control, clippy/artifacted graphics, lacking or no help/troubleshooting for PCs (PES, RE etc. etc.)

4) It's a matter of choice. I, for example, would never, even prefer a console over a computer. This may not be true for others.

Level 13
It's kinda like the same there are some things better for pc and some things better for a console whether the controls are better or whether graphics all of it matter on the game computer and console.

Level 26
And yet why do people play games on a consoles answer the question?
Tradition, cost, controls, runonsentence, easier to play with friends, runonsentence, easier to use a TV, runonsentence, most runonsentence people consider runonsentence consoles to be cheaper for the quality of graphics they gerunonsentencerunonsentenceRUNONSENTENCE

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Level 24
Tradition, cost, controls, runonsentence, easier to play with friends, runonsentence, easier to use a TV, runonsentence, most runonsentence people consider runonsentence consoles to be cheaper for the quality of graphics they gerunonsentencerunonsentenceRUNONSENTENCE

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
[rainbow]RUNONSENTENCE[/rainbow]

XBox 360 is even worse than PS3... its a pile of garbage, theres not a single really good role playing game for 360, the only good games for XBox 360 are sport and racing games....
Tales of Vesperia, Fable II, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata. Not to mention all 360s are backwards compatible, which some PS3s sacrifice.

Last edited:
Level 13
finally fantasy suxs and fable 2 suxed because it wasn't as good as the 1st and red score name some PS3 games that are good.

Level 24
Lost Odyssey was hugely advertised, how did you not hear about it? It's supposed to be pretty good except there's a lot (LOT) of reading. Tales of Vesperia is an action-rpg, and if you've never heard of the Tales series, you're not a real RPG fan. It's the second largest RPG series in Japan. Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon are supposed to both be pretty good, although I haven't played either. Mass Effect was an RPG, believe it or not. Infinite Undiscovery was made by Square Enix, a friend of mine actually said he was surprised it wasn't a Final Fantasy because it was so good. The same friend also recommended Enchanted Arms to me. None of the popular games were good RPGs, the 360 isn't exactly thirsting for them.

Now that I think about it, Eternal Sonata was ported to the PS3 and that was a complete flop, but the PS3 port of Vesperia may or may not be exported. Both of them were at least timed exclusives. PS3 Vesperia is only out in Japan anyways.

Level 11
Guys, this ends up to be a PS3 game discussion thread. Certainly, there are great games on PS3, but there are great games for PC too. Plus, you can't run WE on a PS3 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.