• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What are YOUR hobbies? (Sports is meant here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hai thar guys,

I was just curious what kind of sports you guys do. I think behind every (well, let's say most :wink:) HWS-member there is a person who has some kind of hobby aside sitting in front of the computer.

What kind of sports do you do? Why do you do them? Probably got videos or pictures of you being busy with that hobby? Share them with us!! :p

Personally, I have 3 different hobbies:
- Taekwondo
- Dancing (Hip Hop/Dance4Fans/Videoclipdancing)
- Breakdance

I started Taekwondo February 2002. Since then, it became a part of me. Now quitting it is like ripping my heart apart :/ (wow, that's a brutal metaphor :D)
I started Dancing November 2005. I wasn't very good at the beginning but every day without dancing is a wasted day for me now ;) I'm in a crew with 12 other guys (10 girls, 2 boys). We participate at local tournaments regularly, we're not very good yet but we become better with every tournament :p
Can't say much about the Breakdance :p I started it January this year. I'm really not good at it right now, but it's damn hard though :D

Here are 2 videos I want to show you...

from Taekwondo ... it's a simulation of a barfight, just for fun :p (from 2008)

from Dancing ... it's our choreography from 2009. This tournament was in November 2009, we're working on a new choreography right now. (We made the 8th place in this vid :p)

Level 6
:p I did taekwondo, I got my first degree black belt and i quit. And all i can say is that video is a joke for taekwondo :p
My hobbies are...
Cross country
Track
Watching other sports, like basketball, football (or as Europeans call it... handegg)
And trying to find any good modern music in this age of shity auto-tuned music.

Level 17
:p I did taekwondo, I got my first degree black belt and i quit. And all i can say is that video is a joke for taekwondo :p
My hobbies are...
Cross country
Track
Watching other sports, like basketball, football (or as Europeans call it... handegg)
And trying to find any good modern music in this age of shity auto-tuned music.

Yup. It was meant to be a joke :p

Level 16
I like table tennis, mostly because it is so convenient to play. All you need are the table tennis bat & balls, then put a couple of tables together, attach a makeshift net and you're set!

Having a partner is of course better, but there's still the alternative of practicing against the wall ;)

Lemme see, I play rugby, football, I sprint (with 1 lung working at 50% means long distance is a no no), hurdles (100m?) I don't do many laps of the astroturf (Warm up) at school otherwise I'm out of breath b4 the actual lesson begins.

fullback for rugby (don't know if I got that right)
1 man defense in fottball (Basically, I'm the only one)

Apparently I play 'too rough' in fottball, but I've never got a red card, got plenty of yellows but thats differant.

I think my closest to a red card was when I slide tackled on soaked astroturf (rainy day and I had no grip left on my trainers) I took out 2 people in one, however I got the football first, then crashed into/knocked over the player with the ball then he fell onto the person he was gonna past too, taking one of them out the game from injury - great match.

Level 17
Nope. Actually he was one of Lithuanian most famous Karate teachers. Well of course maybe its possible that I was just too lazy or untalented for Karate, but I'll better stick with the version his teaching skills suck.

Weeell ... I taught myself Taekwondo, too. More or less. I learned the technics by the teacher but I taught myself the perfection of everything on it. Strong kicks and such ... it's all a matter of how much interest you have for that sport :p

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Mmh, well I did play a lot of soccer in my youth, also a bit of karate (2-3 years if I am not mistaken). Now I just do mountain biking, regular biking and moshing.

Also, thread title is highly misleading. Although sports are hobbies, there are a lot of hobbies that are not sports.

Level 7
Wushu, Kung Fu and Kick Boxing. :wink:
Wushu & Kickboxing I've done for around a year
Kung Fu I've done for over 8

Wushu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVDPoyVuZZg
Kung Fu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHL2PSpecI
Kick Boxing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfOBmfoq3PI&NR=1

I did Karate for 6 years.
Now I just do programming and moderating.

We must spar sometime :D

This sounds like you gave up reallife ^^

(Don't take it seriously xD)

Lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Oh, biking... ^^
I even forgot about how I love biking for like 5 months... curse you cold season...

Snow and ice is not a problem really, just get spiked tires. Eh well, it's no use off-road in the winter though.

Level 8
I don't really do much sport, I do dog walking. What is the definition of 'sport' anyway? Some people say it is something active, while others include chess as it is copetitive.

Thing is though, I am the kind of nutter that talks to their dog, so I start saying; 'Thats it, nearly at your granny's! Yes we are!' and get strange looks from people.

I always talk to my pets, put they're not the ones you walkaround town with. my fav lines are 'Stop biting my arm!' 'vicious creature' and 'look! it's <enter persons name>! go eat them!' Oddly enough the latter sentance tends to work.

I wouldn't count chess as a sport, otherwise I'd also count scrabble as a sport, but I do play them when the power goes out and we light a room with lots of candels - It has a very traditional feel to sit in the dark with a candle on a table playing chess nearby.

Level 27
I don't really do much sport, I do dog walking. What is the definition of 'sport' anyway? Some people say it is something active, while others include chess as it is copetitive.

Thing is though, I am the kind of nutter that talks to their dog, so I start saying; 'Thats it, nearly at your granny's! Yes we are!' and get strange looks from people.

Officialy sport is defined as something which trains your mind or body. But in my opinion sport is only physical .

Level 6
i desighn gas turbine engines and airframes for low orbit aircraft. ya not joking. if you REALLY want i can tell you all the stages of a turbojet as we'll as a few optional stages (high pressure compressor) as well as basic jet theory.

Level 11
lol nice dancing man, so what if you got 8th place, u would kill us down here where i live :p, lol ne way my hobbies (sports i guess) are...

Jeet Kun Do
Pool (Billiards, 8 Ball, Cut-Throat)
Swimming
Football
Dancing, but i can just do basic moves... no choreography is what i do :D hehe

Level 17
lol nice dancing man, so what if you got 8th place, u would kill us down here where i live :p, lol ne way my hobbies (sports i guess) are...

Jeet Kun Do
Pool (Billiards, 8 Ball, Cut-Throat)
Swimming
Football
Dancing, but i can just do basic moves... no choreography is what i do :D hehe

I have to say - quite unusually, we were very good that day. Oh and we just made the 8th out of 21 so it's not THAT big deal ...
The new choreography is finished, the coming tournament is on 27th june. Wish me luck!! :O

Level 12
-Football (on most of the weekends)
-Skateboarding (rarely though)
-Kicking the asses of my two little brothers before going to bed (yes i kind of consider it a sport :con:)

Status
Not open for further replies.