• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

WEU problem. Won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I can get the enhancer working, but when I try to open the editor it says "The target of the patch could not be found." or something like that. I can't find anyone else who has gotten replies, so... Does anyone know why it isn't working?

Level 12
However, sadly, I have to use WEU. The normal editor won't do what I want it to, and I need more room for tiles... Its an RP map, after all, and if you know RPs, then you know they use a shitload of tiles.:cry:

Level 11
you can use the 3rd party tool that comes alognside the WEU World Editor to create maps with a larger size and a larger number of tiles, then use the map created with it in the normal world editor. (or with the JASS NewGen editor.)

WEU is generally considerd depricated, and for good reason.

Level 11
... ok, lets get this straitend out:

What is WEU?
WEU is a set of files which are injected in to the world editor MPQ path, changing the way it works. WEU superseeds UMSWE, an older such editor.

WEU is also a collection of 3rd part utilitys which can create and edit maps, and more.

What is JASS NewGen?
JNG is a grimoire-based world editor hack that modifies WE's code in memory. This leads to advanced changes to the editor. The changes included in JASS NewGen are not soley for JASS coders!

JASS NewGen includes functionality which allows you to use both the WEU MPQ file overwrites with the JASS NewGen WE hack. It does this by injecting WEU.exe as an MPQ archive in to WE. (It is an MPQ archive, wraped in a .exe)

Why is WEU bad?
WEU is old, and in recent times, poorly mantained. The 3rd party tools still generally work, but some of the additions they can do to a map should be considerd depricated. (That means that you should not use them because they are not maintained or generally supported.) The advanced triggers WEU uses (The ones which use JASS code in the map header) should not be used...

Why use JASS NewGen instead of WEU?
JASS NewGen includes some (and more) of the functionality that WEU included.

The End

Someone really needs to make an injectable MPQ containing things like GUI actions for destroy / remove functions, and things such as reordering the Object Editor categorys. Such an archive could then be used with NewGens (actually grimoirs) MPQ injection. I voulounteer someone who isn't me, because I am lazy.

Someone really needs to make an injectable MPQ containing things like GUI actions for destroy / remove functions, and things such as reordering the Object Editor categorys. Such an archive could then be used with NewGens (actually grimoirs) MPQ injection. I voulounteer someone who isn't me, because I am lazy.

You mean like separate the one WEU has from the whole WEU thing?

Because that's pretty much all I use WEU for. (And the extra tiles, because I can't figure out how JNG's works)

Level 8
... ok, lets get this straitend out:

What is WEU?
WEU is a set of files which are injected in to the world editor MPQ path, changing the way it works. WEU superseeds UMSWE, an older such editor.

WEU is also a collection of 3rd part utilitys which can create and edit maps, and more.

What is JASS NewGen?
JNG is a grimoire-based world editor hack that modifies WE's code in memory. This leads to advanced changes to the editor. The changes included in JASS NewGen are not soley for JASS coders!

JASS NewGen includes functionality which allows you to use both the WEU MPQ file overwrites with the JASS NewGen WE hack. It does this by injecting WEU.exe as an MPQ archive in to WE. (It is an MPQ archive, wraped in a .exe)

Why is WEU bad?
WEU is old, and in recent times, poorly mantained. The 3rd party tools still generally work, but some of the additions they can do to a map should be considerd depricated. (That means that you should not use them because they are not maintained or generally supported.) The advanced triggers WEU uses (The ones which use JASS code in the map header) should not be used...

Why use JASS NewGen instead of WEU?
JASS NewGen includes some (and more) of the functionality that WEU included.

The End

I have been working on something like that.

But then I got bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.