• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Werewolf

Big and evil sentient werewolf.
Uses in-game textures, has portrait camera and animations.

Do not edit without my permission, give me credits if you use it.

Suggested art stats:
Blend Time - 0.25
Cast Point - 0.900
Run Speed - 400
Walk Speed - 200
Death Time - 1.87
Damage Point - 0.4

Added hero glow, walking on all fours animation, attack animation that bites and channel animation, made tail and face longer and added SFX to spell animation.

Changed paws and added claws.

Keywords:
werewolf
Contents

Werewolf (Model)

Reviews
18:50, 3rd Nov 2012 -Grendel: another great model from you. low filesize, good animations, nice mesh and effects. approved.

M

18:50, 3rd Nov 2012
-Grendel: another great model from you. low filesize, good animations, nice mesh and effects. approved.

Level 16
Well compared to the other body parts his feet look unnatural. Well and his mouth is a bit short, but overall well made.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Really nice! I love when something can fill a niche & do it well. The fur is great (especially the teamcolor swatches; very nice), the feeling of brute power & raw ferocity are just there, the claws are great (even have 4 fingers! You could take a load of yourself and do the Warcraft-norm of 3, y'know. :p).
Also great Portrait anims. I truly loved the atmospheric feel to having the steamy breath come out. Excellent.

Perhaps only two big thoughts:
  • One thing I would change is the face. I don't know if maybe I'm just a purist, but he looks like a certain kind of a squash-faced dog. The whole body is just so cool, and then BAM, the face is squished flat. Bleh. I know those cool portrait anims probably needed a smaller snout, but... somehow? Some kind of elongated snout would really make this model.
  • The other thing is the animations. Overall they are great, but somehow I just imagined this guy really being able to WOLF! By that I mean, where's the "down-on-all-fours wolf-like 'Loping'"? Where's the biting, the tearing claws (two attacks, given)? I know that might be difficult to add (depending on your experience with animation), but if you have any talent in that arena, give that a look.

That, and maybe some particle effects on the Spell-animations. I know many spells have animations, but...

Again, really good stuff. My mind is whirring now to add a Worgen neutral hero to the tavern. This kind of model makes the gears turn.

Level 14
He already has a tail.

I made the face flat because I wanted to make him look a bit human(a werewolf is half human after all), but if I see another complaint about the face I will make it wolfier, even tough I don't think that an elongated wolf face would fit the talking portrait animation.

I taught about adding another walk animation where it runs on all fours but due to the size of his upper body I think that he would look more like a gorilla than a wolf.

I actually made a bite animation(the attack slam), but because of the small size of his head, ingame it looked more like he was head butting them, so I added the attack with the arms.

Level 3
Wow
Just a little bit more work and we have THE werewolf I was searching for

A tail a little bigger, a head a little more elongated face, and I would be so happy

So, please, if you can, do it "wolfier"

Thanks a lot

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I made the face flat because I wanted to make him look a bit human(a werewolf is half human after all), but if I see another complaint about the face I will make it wolfier, even tough I don't think that an elongated wolf face would fit the talking portrait animation.
The portrait concern is a strong one; moreover I agree that the normal Wolf's face is too long. Perhaps, as a half-human, he could have a compromise; longer than it is currently, but slightly shorter/stouter than the Wolf's snout?

WhiteDead said:
I taught about adding another walk animation where it runs on all fours but due to the size of his upper body I think that he would look more like a gorilla than a wolf.
Interesting. I could see that being a problem, but... I'll have to check him in-game. It just seems the walk is just a bit ungainly for the powerful grace of a wolf-man. The 'all-fours' walk (run?) seemed a good alternative (actually, I've seen some great "Run - Walk" animations on one model before)

WhiteDeath said:
I actually made a bite animation(the attack slam), but because of the small size of his head, ingame it looked more like he was head butting them, so I added the attack with the arms.
Great minds think alike. :p
This problem would probably be solved by the elongated face.

~~~

I think I realized that this isn't (and, sans Dissipate & hero glow, wasn't necessarily meant) as a Hero model, thought that's exactly what it should be. :p (IMO). It would be interesting to see an alternative hero-version of this uploaded, actually; this model just has such character.

On a side note, could I request permission to edit myself? (Not much I can do, but it'd be nice).

Level 3
not sure to really see the difference of the head from the previous version.

I think it may be a little to much "human" like to me.
you can do a head really more wolfy

the bite attack looks like more a shoulder one.

Keeps it up ! :) you're almost there !

Level 4
It looks awesome, however leggings looks like blood elves one, try something more wild !

Level 9
This is probably one of the nicest werewolf models I've seen in quite awhile.

I gotta say the poly count may be a bit high, but I think its worth every poly for what you gave us.

My only real suggestions are making his ears more pronounced (aka give him a pair, lol :grin:), and making his muzzle a little bit longer.

Also just curious, is there anyway at the moment to swap skins without editing the model itself? It be nice if we could swap it out for other wolf skins, thought black is a nice fur color choice all around.

Suggestions aside, I couldn't give this anything less then a 5/5, I definitely vote for Director's Cut as well, good job. :thumbs_up:

Level 8
Usually, I'm a lover of models with Wc3 Animations, but the animations of this model are so amazing that it's worth making an exception.

Best werewolf model ever!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
?? This does have Wc3 animations; animations made fresh for Wc3 (I mean, as far as we know; WhiteDeath certainly could have stolen them from another game's models, but we are giving him the benefit of the doubt).

Or do you mean "in-game animations"?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Actually, if you take a look at the animations, you'll see that are very similar.
I wondered if that's why you were linking it here, and was worried that perhaps WhiteDeath had stolen those animations.

But when I checked, I found it as Marshmalo stated; poorly edited (I'm thinking Owlbear and/or Beastmaster, some combination) & voted Substandard. Besides, you can look at WhiteDeath's other models; he can definitely animate.

Level 50
I wondered if that's why you were linking it here, and was worried that perhaps WhiteDeath had stolen those animations.

But when I checked, I found it as Marshmalo stated; poorly edited (I'm thinking Owlbear and/or Beastmaster, some combination) & voted Substandard. Besides, you can look at WhiteDeath's other models; he can definitely animate.
Nah, I wasn't going for that. Maybe I just thought of that, but didn't want to judge, he already proved that he can done good animations. I think he just used that model as a reference to making this, which is nothing bad.