• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Were the new events etc. added?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Checking on Producer Update: Natives List there's that list of new events, functions, and what not that were added and were going to be added.

There's been a few patches since then, but the post hasn't been updated for almost a year by now. So were anything further added besides those events listed as added?

Right now I'm specifically looking at:
JASS:
    constant unitevent EVENT_UNIT_IDLES                 
       //Similarly to how worker icons appear at the bottom-left corner of the screen when idling, this event detects when ANY unit is idling.
But there were a lot of other handy events and functions like
JASS:
    function SetUnitMovementType takes unit u, movementtype movementType returns nothing
        //Changes the movement type of a unit to the specified movement type.
    function GetUnitMovementType takes unit u returns movementtype
        //Get the movement type of a unit.
JASS:
// > UNIT ATTACK

function SetUnitAttackCooldown takes unit u, real duration returns nothing
       //Sets the current attack cooldown time to a different value, potentially overriding/ignoring backswing point. Set to zero to cause the next attack to occur instantly. Can start attack cooldown.
    function GetUnitAttackCooldownRemaining takes unit u returns real
       //Returns the remaining time in game seconds of the currently occuring attack cooldown. Returns 0.0 if attack is not on cooldown.
    function UnitAttackTarget takes unit whichUnit, widget target, real amount, attacktype attackType, damagetype damageType, weapontype weaponType returns boolean
        //Similar to UnitDamageTarget but does so with the source's attack modifiers like Orb Effects, Critical Strike, Bash, Lifesteal, etc.
    function UnitAttackArea takes unit whichUnit, real radius, real x, real y, real amount, attacktype attackType, damagetype damageType, weapontype weaponType, boolexpr filterFunc returns boolean
       //Just like UnitAttackTarget(), but this takes a boolexpr argument at the end to filter out unwanted victims. This is helpful in the case of area attacks with chance modifiers like bash.
and so on that would be nice, but I don't know whether they exist or not.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
JASS:
native BlzGetUnitAttackCooldown                    takes unit whichUnit, integer weaponIndex returns real
native BlzSetUnitAttackCooldown                    takes unit whichUnit, real cooldown, integer weaponIndex returns nothing
These are the only ones that exist related from all you posted.

Level 12
JASS:
native BlzGetUnitAttackCooldown                    takes unit whichUnit, integer weaponIndex returns real
native BlzSetUnitAttackCooldown                    takes unit whichUnit, real cooldown, integer weaponIndex returns nothing
These are the only ones that exist related from all you posted.
Alright, thanks

Level 12
The not highlighted stuff should be introduced by new patches:
That's from the PTR I guess? And they all exist there?

Though I don't see EVENT_UNIT_IDLES and ctrl + f "idle" show 0 results on either page.

I also tried looking for SetUnitMovementType which I didn't find either, and I presume that this should've showed up among the Blz functions right? Since most of the new functions that were added or were going to be added appear to have been renamed with "Blz" at the start.

p.s. Still a lot of other useful functions being added, which is nice, so I'm not complaining or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.