• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Welcome to Tinker Town"

Level 18
Welcome to our project, The Fall of Gnomeregan. We will tell the story of Gnomes as they defend their great techno-city against the trogg invasion.

The whole campaign will consist of 3 stages: the defense, the evacuation from city and escape to the Ironforge. We are planning to make it in about 10 maps (with cinematics that is).

I hope that we will get this campaign finished as best as it can be :) .

BIG thanks to wc3sear.ch adminis who let this project be hosted here. :D

Level 18
Yes, we will create whole new race of gnomes. The gnome army will consist of gnomes, steam/electrical machines and steam cyborgs. They will use no magic, instead only mechanical gadgets. I have almost done tech-tree, only few units and buildings left. I'm also writing some sort of script for the campaign, so when I'll finish it I'll send it to every team member.

Level 13
Norinrad said:
They will use no magic, instead only mechanical gadgets.

Well, cool! let's see..... hhmmm, i got some brainstorm spell ideas for these guys. I think my missile seeker suit best for your tank, with some modification maybe.
Or you can give me the idea that you want and i will make it. I like your gnome tank most.

You got my email eh? I give you one considering that sometimes i don't active in this site for several days.

Level 18
I know that there are gnome mages and warlock in WoW, but they are RPG classes, and by making gnome use no magic I want to make them more original. To compare: are there any orcish warlocks in orc tech-tree? or tauren druids? or dwarven priests in human tech-tree?

The gnomes are known to be keen on science and technology just like, let's say night elves are known to be in harmony with the nature. That's what makes them uniqe. I hope that you know what I mean :)

BTW I was thinking of adding some gnomish mages in some sort of gnomish high council.

Level 13
Norinrad said:
The gnomes are known to be keen on science and technology just like, let's say night elves are known to be in harmony with the nature. That's what makes them uniqe. I hope that you know what I mean :)

Agreed, we should make something different from another campaign and stick on the storyline. Well, so what are they use to perform "magic" instead of mana? Or we just change the interface for mana to "ammunition"?

Level 6
or maybe instead of ammunation or mana...some kind of energy(cell/battery)...u know...machines use electricy and others thing like that....u can use it...for example: gyrocopter will have 100 energy...and it draing 0,1 energy per second when he move and 0,5 when he attack..and when enrgy will become equal to 0 he can't anything...and here can come new unit(some kind of gnomish) energy rechrger or something and recharge his energy...i've never seen this...for me it is good;) or just made this energy for abbilities istead of moveing and attacking or upgrades or somethin..what u all think about it :?: :?:

Level 4
I read that the gnomes wouldn't be using any magic. Perhaps, you can make it so none of the units have any mana and instead all abilites take gold. This would make it seem like they're using resources to do things.
Just my idea.

Level 1
You're being right, and your whole project looks cool :^] But I can as easily imagine a gnome wearing a robe in a dark dungeon full of old books as one in his high tech city :) So I'd say you could create heroes that use magic but no tech or make one that use both magic and technology for the high council =] For the energy I like the ghost's idea, but instead of unit, some kind of energy recharging spot could give back energy to certain units ^^

Level 2
Sure! it's your project, and I would be proud to see my ideas being used.

You're going to change the spellcasters, so they have no "magic"?

Level 5
Hey! Awesome techtree Barbárvore!!!

Your techtree really deserves to be made. And it says that gnomes mix magic with science, that wouldnt be a bad idea for you, norinrad.

Level 1
Is this project dead, or is there still a chance for me to join this project and see it to its full glory? If so I could help with the lore and a little terraining and ideas.

*salute*

Colonel Mustard

Level 32
  1. Solution: Colonel Mustard in The Fall of the Gnomeregan with a necropost wand.

2. You have GOT to be joking us: Last post=09-23-2005, 10:14 AM

3. [self="http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]Introduce yourself to The Hive![/self]

4. Dude you had better get down on your knees and PRAY that Shados doesn't notice this.

5. ~ Thread (AND ENTIRE FORUM) closed!!!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I guess, but, like, does it have any 'stuff'? Norinrad uploaded tons of Gnomish models to the database long ago (assumably resources from this), so aside from text archives of the forum proceedings (which I've already done as much as I need), there's really not much to "archive"?

I mean, I'm all about saving info. I've got info from perhaps a dozen different mods on my HD, but it's all just text & images for the most part; the people that actually got 'stuff' done are already uploaded (OH, GTW, HoS).