• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3Sear.ch on Battle.net's new site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Actually the gold banner is not the only thing.

I went to mod forge today and they also had a banner advertising gold selling.

There are more problems, like the WoW icons (why not delete them now to become clean, they're up for download on Blizz's site now) and the nwn models.

Level 7
Probably not, but I'm sure the NWN models are a problem.

I just can't see why that freaking gold banner is so bad, Mod Forge and DotA which both are linked to have google adds advertising it.

Level 12
I also thought it was the gold banner.

I think I will email blizzard about it being present in modforge and dota and see if they remove them too or if they tell me which was exactly the reason.

Although I don't really think any of the sites actually needs to be listed there.

Edit: I won't email now, cause I found that that modforge's ads to gold things on wow were unintentional, they are google ads' fault (I am sure that any site with the word warcraft will end with those adds in google adds)

It seems that the gold banner is the reason, in my opinion I would rather let the site get the so needed money that banner gives to it so it can mantain the expensive hosting rather than getting rid from it just to be listed in the same place that lists modforge, thehelper and dota (no offense, but not worht it...)

Edit: Don't forget the Link to BNET's MAP DEVELOPMENT FORUM! The WORST wc3 modding site ever, Full of morons and perfect for :
1) "map protection" flamewars.
2) "Map unprotection" links
3) "map protection" flamewars.
4) morons

There is nothing more in that forum it is so horrible.

I think thehubb doesn't deserve that humiliation of being listed there either

Level 13
Sorry to respond a bit late on this but I am quite new with this news fact as well.....My site I moderate is also being being supported by blizzard (maps.worldofwar.net) so I am quite happy with it.

now I am quite anxious to see what it will include, and what they astimate to do with it.

Greets

Level 13
I could not care less if wc3sear.ch is mentioned on the Blizzard site or not. All Blizzard did by making that site is waste bandwith, there's absolutely nothing there worth mentioning. As Vexorian said, the forum is still the same as it was before and as most people mentioned the only map that's featured is dota. Aside from that there's nothing else. Even if they do have maps lined up for spotlight... so what? Whatever map they show you can already find easily here.

Level 9
Speaking of bandwith how much do we have is it unlimited or limited (Sorry for going off topic)

Level 13
Actually, it seems that the site is either outgrowing the server it's on or they're cutting down the bandwith to this site at certain times of the day.

Anyways, this is getting off-topic. The point is, they're updating the mod site extremely slowly, at this rate it'll be months before something good comes up (like a contest or something).

Status
Not open for further replies.