1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WC3Sear.ch on Battle.net's new site.

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by DaFox, Oct 7, 2005.

1. antihero

antihero

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Teen anguish alert!!!

Werewulf, sounds like you suffer from manical depression or bipolarism. They have drugs for that.

2. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll contact you via PM.
    -VGsatomi

3. Vexorian

Vexorian

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The other day I went to thehubb and it had 2 new threads made last 2 months, I think it has something to do with whitehorn leaving wc3 modding (ouch for the so called wc3 modding conmunity).

Anyways:
    1) Official modding sites of games often suck.
    2) In this case it is surely true since Dota is the one and only wc3 map there. (Not a seriously bad map but having only one map is lame)
    3) But the biggest reason it sucks is its forum, which is the old bnet forum, which is full of morons, trolls and idiots. I hope this bnet modding site fails so people won't get to that stupid forum.
    4) It doesn't really matter if this site isn't linked there the reasons:
    - That place sucks.
    - People will find this site out anyways

4. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Say it aint so...aw, I'll miss his bright shining smile and wonderful attitude. :roll:

They have dozens. I do hope they release them at a rate of more the one a month, however. It would make sense for them to start with dota, for it is unfortunatly and unarguably the most successful fan map ever stolen...err I mean made.
    -VGsatomi

5. The_Lego_Mage

The_Lego_Mage

Resources:
    Resources:
    @werewolf: I know this is oftopic but I find that building stuff really helps you if your depresed. I'm serious, it actually helps a lot. I was really depresed before until I started helping my dad build our deck, after that I did smaller things like puzzels or maybe a few models but they all gave me a great distraction and helped me. You might not have too much spare time but what's more important than keeping yourself sane?

6. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol, im feelin much happier 2day! no hassle at school! YAY! but im not in the mood for da modelin, maybe drawin..Hmm..anyway..blizz is gay and they r gay...and we r..nvm..so why did they remove us again?

7. Horn

Horn

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ever thought having an advert to buy WoW gold got you removed? Well think it.

Hubb and Samods will be added, most likely the next update, along with various others.

Quality over quantity my friend. You like being labelled the biggest noob mod site of the lot?

People at Samods work more than chat and they're still very atcive.

8. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, considering we have quite a number of quality works here, and that many of the resources on the Hubb can be found here as well, I'd think of it more as "variety over selectivism."

Better then being labled as the most elitist site of the lot.

And we are well aware of the gold banner. It will be removed in due time
    -VGsatomi

9. N00byStance

N00byStance

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So where the money for site upkeeping will come from? :roll:

10. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, unless people start clicking that Tiscali link and/or dontaing more frequently, it will come out of Darky's pocket like usual, where else?

Being willing to give up that income in order for wc3sear.ch to be recognized by Blizz says a lot.
    -VGsatomi

11. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually the gold banner is not the only thing.

I went to mod forge today and they also had a banner advertising gold selling.

There are more problems, like the WoW icons (why not delete them now to become clean, they're up for download on Blizz's site now) and the nwn models.

12. Horn

Horn

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nothing wrong with Wow icons when Blizzard have them for download on their own mod site...

13. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Probably not, but I'm sure the NWN models are a problem.

I just can't see why that freaking gold banner is so bad, Mod Forge and DotA which both are linked to have google adds advertising it.

14. Vexorian

Vexorian

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I also thought it was the gold banner.

I think I will email blizzard about it being present in modforge and dota and see if they remove them too or if they tell me which was exactly the reason.

Although I don't really think any of the sites actually needs to be listed there.

Edit: I won't email now, cause I found that that modforge's ads to gold things on wow were unintentional, they are google ads' fault (I am sure that any site with the word warcraft will end with those adds in google adds)

It seems that the gold banner is the reason, in my opinion I would rather let the site get the so needed money that banner gives to it so it can mantain the expensive hosting rather than getting rid from it just to be listed in the same place that lists modforge, thehelper and dota (no offense, but not worht it...)

Edit: Don't forget the Link to BNET's MAP DEVELOPMENT FORUM! The WORST wc3 modding site ever, Full of morons and perfect for :
    1) "map protection" flamewars.
    2) "Map unprotection" links
    3) "map protection" flamewars.
    4) morons

There is nothing more in that forum it is so horrible.

I think thehubb doesn't deserve that humiliation of being listed there either

15. Hemlock

Hemlock

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry to respond a bit late on this but I am quite new with this news fact as well.....My site I moderate is also being being supported by blizzard (maps.worldofwar.net) so I am quite happy with it.

now I am quite anxious to see what it will include, and what they astimate to do with it.

Greets

16. oz02

oz02

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I could not care less if wc3sear.ch is mentioned on the Blizzard site or not. All Blizzard did by making that site is waste bandwith, there's absolutely nothing there worth mentioning. As Vexorian said, the forum is still the same as it was before and as most people mentioned the only map that's featured is dota. Aside from that there's nothing else. Even if they do have maps lined up for spotlight... so what? Whatever map they show you can already find easily here.

17. Capcy

Capcy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Speaking of bandwith how much do we have is it unlimited or limited (Sorry for going off topic)

18. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its unlimited. Its just the more there is, the more expensive the bill is.
    -VGsatomi

19. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So the more posts the forum gets the bigger the bill becomes each month or am I wrong on this? >_>

20. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I suggest a complete clean every month, just to keep da bills down.