• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 Map with overhauled graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking... :D
(Map size would be huge, load time probably also) So if someone is able to make terrain textures and everything that is 256x256 pixels to be 512x512 it would be a huge change to the graphics.
New custom tree models with also 512x512 instead of 256x256, replacing models with some from other games (this would ruin copyright or something but who cares), Making new borders for icons which would be 128x128 and things like that.
New (Or completely different) texture for selection circle, texture for cursor, UI... (Denser/Sharper)
And if possible, somehow making shadows... and reflections..?

Is there a plugin of some sort for warcraft which makes the water have reflections, accurate shadows, day/night cycles... random cloud shadows?

I miss warcraft, but when I try to play it, I ragequit because everything is so awful!

Level 32
Go to Diplomunion.com, Dark Ages of WarCraft creators are there and it is one of the only popular maps that has a size over 256x256. Go to the DAoW thread and contact them.

Another map I know that's bigger than 256x256 is WarCraft the First War.

This thread would be suited better in WarCraft discussion, or possibly WEHZ.

Reflections can be made with alpha tiles and I've seen some custom jobs with all custom hi-res doodads and tiles. I think what you want is an a image enhancer with some fractal algorithmic function to open all the images in an .mpq file and x2 the resolution adding detail based on some the fractal thing and then saving it. This is totally possible. Do you know how to write in C++? Know someone who does? Another problem with the wc3 engine is that it only renders a certain distance for its 3d terrain. If you could extend that to something more like GTA III you could get those long views, but the program just doesn't do that. Instead it cuts it off at a fixed distance. I ran into this issue in my project Choplifter 3D when I made my flight system take the chopper way up in the air. The view was not so hot. I had to change the camera angle to face more downward. Good luck with everything, I enjoyed the thoughts

Level 5
warcraft 3 is outdate today BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war3 still owned every PC game, not to mention the powerful world editor and their extension mod tool like model editor and etc.
creaate any kind of map u wish, and when war3 released... i think they have the best graphic THAT CAN run with 32MB vga only, amazing....

so i really wish smthg great again from warcrraft, especially requiem map from hiveworkshop
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/requiem-192294/

Status
Not open for further replies.