• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Needs graphics improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
1. I hate the default WC3 Shadows because it just look unrealistic and outdated.
2. I just want to have shadows in WC3 to have realistic atmosphere. Just a simple shadow effect being made from the 3DSMax, Maya3D, Blender, WC3 Model Editor or other modelling tools. Could be particle and sprites.
4. I want the water of WC3 to be like that being shown in the screenshot (Without any reflections) or (With reflections if possible within WC3 Engine).
5. Not a Warcraft III Conversion Mod, Just a simple WC3 custom map with improved graphics. Even though its outdated it still looks nice.
6. Detailed textures, Yes included, WC3 needs detailed textures on each models.

Starcraft II - Shadows
Starcraft II - Water

Water is just an optional thing for me, All i want is shadow effects and detailed textures.
I guess they are possible, I don't think that these are impossible within WC3 Engine since we can do particle effects and such thing.

Last edited:
It's pretty normal considering the age of this game you know...

btw, here are custom maps out there which does those things... maybe not all but some of those listed... the only thing I haven't seen on a playable map yet was the realistic shadows, but I believe Goris was trying to make something like that on her current project, Requiem...

there have already been maps with reflections, detailed textures and such...

though the most probable reason why you don't see a multiplayer map in which everything is in fully high res texture is that those textures would take lots of bytes, and multiplayer has an 8MB file size limit...

Level 1
It's pretty normal considering the age of this game you know...

btw, here are custom maps out there which does those things... maybe not all but some of those listed... the only thing I haven't seen on a playable map yet was the realistic shadows, but I believe Goris was trying to make something like that on her current project, Requiem...

there have already been maps with reflections, detailed textures and such...

though the most probable reason why you don't see a multiplayer map in which everything is in fully high res texture is that those textures would take lots of bytes, and multiplayer has an 8MB file size limit...

Starcraft II and Starcraft II: Editor are just fine, But the point is that SinglePlayer and MultiPlayer System looks terrible compared to WC3. I can only play SC2 custom maps offline through the editor and i cannot locate the downloaded custom map from blizzard which i will open them in SC2 Editor. The custom maps won't appear completely on versus AI and the downloaded custom maps only appears in multiplayer game. When i create multiplayer game sometimes there is delay when i move the selected unit. This is why ill better stick to WC3.

But i don't care the 8MB Limit as long it is singleplayer or multiplayer custom map. The detailed textures can be excluded if you want it, Only shadows can be included in a game.

And when i look for requiem's screenshots, They seem didn't have realistic shadows yet but they are just really detailed.

Oh and BTW can you give me lists of map that had reflections and detailed textures?

that's because SCII maps should be played from Battle.net via the SCII directly... but why is SCII involved here anyway?

for detailed textures maybe try Gaia's? or take a look at Thyrael's Darkwind RPG... maybe not as detailed as you would want, but I guess that's the best you could have for a multiplayer map, again due to the file size limit... as for SPRPGs in which the file size limit doesn't take effect, well I guess Requiem is the best bet right now...

as for the reflection, I saw it on a map dev thread, not sure if its out yet...

and oh, we'd be more than happy if you would try to make one custom map which has all of those...

and while were at it, may I ask which of the current wc3 custom maps right now have you played?

Status
Not open for further replies.