• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 map optimizer bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi.
I'm currently creating a map which really need to be protected. However, wc3 map optimizer, that i normally use, makes the map bugs after protection/optimization (it doesnt appear in the map list).
I tried untick every option, but even with every option possible unticked, i can't see the protected map in map list.
So does someone now another working protection map on the latest version of warcraft 3 ? Or maybe a way to fix wc3 map optimizer ?

Thanks.

EDIT : In fact the bug was due to a "é" in the map description or in the area where was the map, or something like that. It works now.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I think its name was too longs or something.

Anyway be warned that vexorians optimizer does not protect your map at all, it just makes it smaller and stops WE from opening it. There is no real way to fully protect maps (only make changing them / viewing them difficult). If your map has load time issues consider using widgitizer as well as that makes loading object editor data on map start faster but prevents the person from playing another map before restarting WC3).

Level 5
Hi.
Well the loading time of the map is ok, but i need to "protect" it at least a little to prevent players to look into the map file everytime they are stucked in the map.

However, wc3mapoptimizer is bugging again and again, and right now i really can't find solutions... I have 3 common bugs :
-"Mpq files cannot be closed"
-The map is BIGGER after than it was before
-Crash at the loading with a bug about "shadows"

Need help or another program to protect^^

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are no programs to protect maps cause by definition they have to be unportected inorder for WC3 to play them.

I advise making sure that your vexorian optimizer is the lattest version, the one in our tools section I believe is hideously out of date.

Secondly close the editor and all mpq editors when using vexorian optimizer, it needs full read and write permission of the map.

Read settings carefully, usually you can just tick everything like I do.

Run the optimizer on the map (should take a few seconds).

The map should now be optimized.

Optimization does prevent people from opening the map in the editor sadly and so will not allow people to learn from your map. It also makes it hard to read your trigger scripts due to defacing the names of everything. However the shortened load times and download times are well worth this.

Level 20
omg guys the whole protecting thing is stupid
i need a way to convert tft maps to roc maps without protecting...
protecting makes your maps tft maps but they can't be played =/
and i have seen many tft maps being played on roc battle.net...
so there IS a way but the ppl that know how just don't want to share it..
SO FUCK THEM !! FUCKING RETARTED PPL !!!
if anybody knows anything about map converting pls let me know...thnx ;p

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You can not convert expansion maps into non expansion maps by the logic that the expansion has more available than the non expansion. Only certain maps which do not use content from the expansion can be converted into non expansion maps which generally is few and far between .

Level 16
well, about vexorian map optimizer, i tried downloading at wc3 campaigns too,
and i got a problem with some string, it made my string go crazy lol...

all my trigger that has something to do with string got messed up...

i don't really recomend it..

widgetizer did almost the same thing, i don't really know why..

and these map optimizer somehow only reduce 50kb of my map +__+

Dota made its map protected perfectly, with a low loading time...

Status
Not open for further replies.