1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WC3 Item & Skill Designer 0.5.0 - WC3 ISD

Submitted by magicforrest
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

WC3 Item & Skill Designer is a tool to create professional item and skill tooltips in seconds!
This tool offers many useful features for mapper.

WC3 Item & Skill Designer ist completely customizable.

For RPG-Creators/Mappers this tool offers a lot of nice features that are used by default (But you can remove them), like Item Quality/Rarity, Item Typ and Required Class for the item.

There are some calulators, like a armor (damage reduction) calculator, damage/dps calculator, effective hp calculator (good for balancing, and with a evasion calulator (stack - cool) and a exp calculator. Just try it out!

And thats not all. There is also a name generator! Generate names for your heros with just a few clicks. Fully customizable.

Woah still more.. There is a w3x import too! (Not done atm).
No need to open world-editor just to edit some items or skills. And maybe even more.
So far i got the import of most of the files done (stuff i need, and stuff i dont need, but maybe will use later) and everything is working. Just need to add the list/edit feature.

Requirements:
Some time for Feedback/Comment/Like :p
OS: Windows XP SP2/3 or later, Linux: with Mono it should work (untested)
CPU: 1,5 Ghz
Ram: 512 MB (or whatever your OS need to run smooth.. The tool itself only needs a few MB)

Here you can see the first video. Its outdated, but the idea behind the tool is still the same. Edit the config to do the magic :)

Here you can see the w3x import and some other stuff:

Here you can see the last added feature, random name gen:

Here you can see the new, "extended" name gen (chars & items)

Always the latest news, and a version with higher limits for friends: Official FB site
http://www.facebook.com/wc3isd

Official website. Some info and download
http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner

Official forums - Here you can discuss and leave a comment or whatever.
http://forum.magicforrest.de/viewforum.php?f=41

Please.. check the config tab first. By default there are only "Weapon" and "Armor"... customize it! Add you own stuff! Thats the magic :)

Keywords:
item, creator, designer, tooltip, color, string, warcraft, mapper, tool, skill, exp, damage, calculator, armor, evasion
Contents

WC3 ISD 0.5 'HIVE' (Binary)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Aug/24 20:46:01 Comment: [Approved] Very useful and easy to use tool, with lots of features! Staff Contact - Rules
  1. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    It wasnt hidden, it wasnt done. And i was happy with the features, all other stuff i coded only for the community..

Would take to long to explain... I have my reasons.
    "Feedback" is/was the price for this tool.

I dont want to take any hostages, so sorry for that.
    I dont mean it that way.
    It sounds like a nice community/spirit, but i dont know it. I havnt read here much (just about other tools), and since i dont have WC3 anymore since a lot of years (and still keep the site/tool up) i dont read any other stuff in the forums.
    I dont want to break any good stuff here or something like that.. but for my view i just posted a tool here on this site.
    You can use the tool without any costs, if you want more you have to "pay" some time.
    If i got "feeded" enough everything will be free :D
    =>(when i think the tool is "done" and i dont need any more feedback/ideas/etc)
    At beginning of this tool it was without limits and free, but i ended my WC3 projects and gaming and still keeped up the work in this tool. Thats when i started to "limit" stuff for "leechers". (This tool is WiP and I DONT HAVE WC3 anymore. So i really need feedback. Any kind).

How i should know?

No.

Yeah. Misunderstood, but thats there right.
    Since this tool only costs me and dont brings in anything im fine with them not using it.
    But the next release will look better ;)
    But.. I think this tool saves time. I think its useful. If others dont, its okay.
    Some ppl out there already have 0.5, so i will have my feedback anyway.
    Maybe ill just leave the hive with this project then.

:D
    Okay.
    What tool?
    Are the limits that low?

You may be right.
    Now i see this in a different way, thank you.
    Im gonna change some thing...

But i think ill cancel/remove this tool soon anyway.
    Without WC3 i cant test the import features anymore and 0.5 is fine...

2. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Uh ... you are only using the version avaliable here or on the site, right?
    I removed a lot of the stuff that you talked about in 0.4.6 already.. xD
    Misunderstood.

Yeah as you may can see i havnt keept this community updated..
    Since it worked for a lot of peoples...

However, i wont update it here atm, maybe sometime, ...
    You can see how it really looks here:

(But the import was already in 046, just saving wont work..)

3. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    New Version released!

Now with NameGen based on the idea here in the forums.

Have fun
    Please leave feedback if you like it.

//Edit: Im very sorry, but there is a "big" bug in the current version.. Didnt notice..
    Do not try to create female names with the name gen. The tool will crash.
    In the next release it will be fixed. And also include a item name gen. And saving for those configs..

//Edit: New Name Gen, all working...

Will be included in next release. Dont know when...
    Video ends at 0:50, sorry for the 4 min...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  4. Trigger.edge

Trigger.edge

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does not work the ability preview for me.

5. Zaljinzoo

Zaljinzoo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I'm a bit confused here. From the sounds of it, the only thing that should be locked behind this silly like thing is the import/export feature, right? That's fine. I can just copy and paste the stuff myself if I need to, as I don't have a Facebook account and don't plan to get one anytime soon because I absolutely loathe the site.

But is everything else other than the basics of the item and skill stuff supposed to be locked as well? The tab I was most interested in - the unit tab - has everything grayed out and unusable. Is that how it's supposed to be?

If so, I guess I'll live without this tool, which is a damn shame because it certainly looked interesting.

I'm kind of on board with Zwie on this one: demanding something as arbitrary as Facebook likes to use the full version of your tool is kind of a dick move. If you were going to do anything like that at all, I would suggest at least setting it up so you could at least use the platform that you got the actual program off of: The Hive. Or your website.

If you just asked me for a rating on Hive or a custom "like" feature on your own site, fine, I'd jump through your hoops, but I absolutely refuse to participate in the cesspool of Facebook.

Suppose I'll have to look for something else. :(

6. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Yea, sorry, its unfinishd. I only spend time on the NameGen :/

More or less. Nothing is locked, the w3x import is just not done. (You can import, but it wont save)

No. But unfinishd or started without a idea.
    The Unit and Upgrade Tab i added because a user asked for it, but i never got any idea how and what you can design there.
    And since i dont have wc3 i just cant check it out myself..
    Thats also the reason why the w3x isnt finishd.

Yea.. But if you have ideas/wished to that tab, write them down and ill code it ;)

I already removed that stuff, but since i dont have wc3 i dont have a need for hive or so... and for my time i want some time (feedback) too...
    However, as i told i already removed that kind of stuff.

Ill think about it

At least for the moment...
    If you can send me a idea to the unit designer, i can code it ;)
    I really want to do more on this tool, so i can release the next version with nice namegens, but im out of ideas, and no wc3 to test anything..

7. Wardota2 Gamer

Wardota2 Gamer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  8. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Sorry... there were no updates this year.
    But next year a new version will come.
    And maybe ill find my copy of wc3 over the next 2 months.. :)

A new logo is already on the way!