1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WC3 Item & Skill Designer 0.5.0 - WC3 ISD

Submitted by magicforrest
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

WC3 Item & Skill Designer is a tool to create professional item and skill tooltips in seconds!
This tool offers many useful features for mapper.

WC3 Item & Skill Designer ist completely customizable.

For RPG-Creators/Mappers this tool offers a lot of nice features that are used by default (But you can remove them), like Item Quality/Rarity, Item Typ and Required Class for the item.

There are some calulators, like a armor (damage reduction) calculator, damage/dps calculator, effective hp calculator (good for balancing, and with a evasion calulator (stack - cool) and a exp calculator. Just try it out!

And thats not all. There is also a name generator! Generate names for your heros with just a few clicks. Fully customizable.

Woah still more.. There is a w3x import too! (Not done atm).
No need to open world-editor just to edit some items or skills. And maybe even more.
So far i got the import of most of the files done (stuff i need, and stuff i dont need, but maybe will use later) and everything is working. Just need to add the list/edit feature.

Requirements:
Some time for Feedback/Comment/Like :p
OS: Windows XP SP2/3 or later, Linux: with Mono it should work (untested)
CPU: 1,5 Ghz
Ram: 512 MB (or whatever your OS need to run smooth.. The tool itself only needs a few MB)

Here you can see the first video. Its outdated, but the idea behind the tool is still the same. Edit the config to do the magic :)

Here you can see the w3x import and some other stuff:

Here you can see the last added feature, random name gen:

Here you can see the new, "extended" name gen (chars & items)

Always the latest news, and a version with higher limits for friends: Official FB site
http://www.facebook.com/wc3isd

Official website. Some info and download
http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner

Official forums - Here you can discuss and leave a comment or whatever.
http://forum.magicforrest.de/viewforum.php?f=41

Please.. check the config tab first. By default there are only "Weapon" and "Armor"... customize it! Add you own stuff! Thats the magic :)

Keywords:
item, creator, designer, tooltip, color, string, warcraft, mapper, tool, skill, exp, damage, calculator, armor, evasion
Contents

WC3 ISD 0.5 'HIVE' (Binary)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Aug/24 20:46:01 Comment: [Approved] Very useful and easy to use tool, with lots of features! Staff Contact - Rules
  1. Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Resources:
    Resources:
    How long till next release?
    Would be cool if i can copy all my already created items to the designer and edit it there... But the copy feature is not enabled.

2. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Im very sorry, but atm i just dont have the time to work on this tool.
    Think it will still take some time for the next release. But ill give my best to finish it as fast as possible.
    My other WC3 stuff is non-public atm.

3. Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK np.
    Is it possible to get a pro version? Need to copy the data from my map and update, and save more items and units. Would be really really cool.
    I can pay with PayPal.
    Please, this would be really cool.
    Thanks!!!
    I love WC3 Item & Skill Designer! Good job!

4. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Atm there is no PRO Version, but it would be no problem to release a version without limits and some other stuff.
    But no copy/update... i just dont have the time, im really sorry.
    Ill PM you some more info this weekend, then i should have a bit time.
    If you are happy with no limits and extended w3x edit (but no copy/update) you can get a release any time.
    If i get some time this weekend maybe i can finish copy/update and a lot of other features too, but im not sure...let's see
    I want to finish the Name Generator soon, thats more or less the top1 on my ToDo-list. (For a PRO release i can change them a bit)
    But i also working on some other tools and on a new game... WC3 Item & Skill Designer is not my only project (but you already know that... how you found out about my other WC3 tools?) and i dont have enough time atm. So.. i would say in a few weeks there might be new cool updates for all.
    However, WC3 Item & Skill Designer is after eve hacks my top priority hobby-project.
    Ill try my best.

5. Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Resources:
    Resources:
    great thanks!
    Se7en told me about, he got it from you and i saw some screenshots from him.
    It looks pretty cool and i really could use such a tool, i play many rpgs!
    Do you plan to release it too? Please!
    Ill wait for your pm.

6. equilgrow

equilgrow

Resources:
    Resources:
    im trying all compability but still "WC3 Item & Skill Designer has stopped working"
    and using online soution not good either
    any clue?

:vw_wtf:

7. Pedro.Fern91

Pedro.Fern91

Resources:
    Resources:
    And Without Internet?

Have some way to use this tool without internet connection? Cause my connection is wi fi and i can use it until midnight...

--
    Thank you!

8. MasterTrainer

MasterTrainer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is a really useful tool... now map-making for me has a now much shorter time; thanks a lot!

9. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
  10. RCS12

RCS12

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This tool is very important to beginners like me.. GJ magicforrest =) +rep

11. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It out focuses the text field every time I try to use it.

Edit: Restarting fixed it.

12. Sling_Shot01

Sling_Shot01

Resources:
    Resources:
    How can I use this app in offline comp? =.=

13. Galles

Galles

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    if you want to add Portuguese-Brazil language for this program talk to me

14. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    This means that designing item and skills for WC3 is still an professional job(it was when WC3 were in development)?
    Then this means that some people get paid for an job in such an old video-game.

15. Justin Weaver

Justin Weaver

Resources:
    Resources:
    So it does require internet connection to check for updates ? damn :vw_death:

16. Madcapercaillie

Madcapercaillie

Resources:
    Resources:
    This will be a extremly usefull tool!
    10/10

17. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    No offense, but why the fuck are there artificial limits on this? And why is the import/export functionality hidden behind a "visit me on facebook" wall?

Is there some sadistic gratification you get out of forcing people into using facebook?

18. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Because i made it this way.
    Currently users can increase those limits for the next and all upcoming releases..
    (Till the next version comes out, soon)

Because i made it this way.
    This tool isnt free - it costs your time, your feedback, your "like"...
    Thats how i can provide it for free atm.

No. I dont want to force them to use facebook, i dont like it myself, but i want to force them to give feedback if i provide this tool for free.
    Currently there are no special features, but with the w3x import its really useful i think, and it was and still is a lot of work.
    More than i planed when i started this project...

And if i use my time for coding and designing, my money for the servers and maybe domains then i think its okay to "take" something in return. For this project the plan was it will be "community activity".
    Since i didnt had forums or something ready that time i used facebook. And there are many ppls out there who use it..

But noone is forced to use it.
    You can use it AS IT IS without any action or pay something.
    And if i "take" something for some features.. thats my decision.

If you dont like it, dont use it.
    If you dont like the limits.. there are many possible ways to increase or remove them..
    And for ppls with no internet connection: The next release ill provide an offline version too.

19. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Update info for WC3 Item & Skill Designer (WC3 ISD):

The project was frozen for years.. but now im back to it.
    A new version will come out soon, but not all new features will be included that i planned to.
    But next week im gonna check this thread again for ideas and feedback, and implement some of this..
    Then i hope i can get the translation done till next weekend.. and then i finally can release 0.5
    The w3x import feature wont work. You already can import and see all the data, but you wont be able to edit or save it.
    However, it would be cool if ppls could test this feature.. If the imports works, data is correct, etc..
    The final w3x edit i now want to have in version 1.0
    Maybe it will be included much sooner, but since i dont use wc3 anymore i cant test stuff myself..
    And without testing i cant produce anything...

However, a new release is ready soon (or better: done already, just have to translate some strings)
    and i hope there will be some testers.
    Now that i have read that stuff all again (or a bit of it) i think ill also add more default data for new users.
    You wont lose any config or data with an update - just that you know.

Ah and another thing.. there is a new fb page.
    Depending on the likes ill increase all limits in the next and after releases by X %
    where X is the number of total likes of the site.
    And even more, users of the forums who write feedback or support tests or maybe even provide a translation,
    will get a version with even higher limits or maybe no limits at all!

// Edit: 250 lines of translating left, then the next version will be released ;)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  20. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The only really useful feature - importing/exporting .wct files was hidden behind this weird unlock wall you implemented.

And tbh I still don't get what the point is behind that or why you insist that people "like and comment" before they can use all the features of your tool.

I mean; it's your right to do that, I get that, but here on Hive, we have always provided our tools and work for free, without taking them hostage for whatever ransom you want. This is the spirit of this community. You share your work without demanding something in return. This is why this community is awesome and why there are only good people here.
    There are no leechers here that just take without giving in return. Everyone in this community shares their work in one way or another. And may it only be keeping this board active.

You think that your approach will cause people to create a healthy discussion around your tool, but what you are doing basicly achieves the opposite: people see what you demand of them, (rightfully) think that this is pretty immature and then decide to not care about it.

Do you want to know what I did after seeing that you put artifical limits on your tool?
    I said "screw this guy." and used a different tool.
    ... so, yeah, if you want people to use and discuss your tool, taking them hostage is probably not the way to go.