1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The mythological era has spawned some interesting characters around. Check them out and be sure to vote for them in the 30th Poll of the Texturing Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hivers united and created a bunch of 2v2 melee maps. Vote for the best in our Melee Mapping Contest #4 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

WC3 Gold Mine Calculator

Submitted by Blake8
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A program that calculates the amount of gold to be placed in a gold mine depending on how long you expect the game to last (based on the approximation that 5 workers will harvest around 600 gold per minute from a mine) [To calculate the exact amount of gold needed for a single gold mine in a game select the precise option]

Changes

Version 1.0 - Initial Release
Version 1.01 - Revised Layout
Version 1.02 - Fixed minor bug
Version 1.05 - Added Game Time Calculator
Version 1.08 - Added Upkeep options to make the calculations more accurate, fixed minor bugs
Contents

WC3 Gold Mine Calculator (Binary)

Reviews
MindWorX
As far as I can tell, it does exactly what it says. It works fine, couldn't find any apparent crashing. You might want to look into splitting up the UI into tabs instead as the top and bottom share elements(Upkeep radio buttons) which can be a bit...
  1. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Seems like a lot of unused space.
    Might want to reposition some stuff.

2. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Fixed

3. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Useful especially for Melee map making, helps calculating golds for players.

4. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    The upkeep screws this calculation up, a player gets much less than what he harvests if he has a large army, Blake, you may wanna make a feature that takes this into consideration

5. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It is a useful and innovative tool that should have been created long time ago. 5/5

6. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Blake8
    Make an option that allows you to account for upkeep, otherwise the calculations wont be accurate

7. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Version 1.08 - Added the upkeep option for both calculations

8. Colonel Aster

Colonel Aster

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Blake8 Regarding your question, I'm no expert at this but if you have a value that's not a number and you check if its bigger than 0 then the program will crash. So first check if the value in the textbox is a number than check if its bigger than 0. This should eliminate the errors.

9. MindWorX

MindWorX

Blizzard Developer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As far as I can tell, it does exactly what it says. It works fine, couldn't find any apparent crashing. You might want to look into splitting up the UI into tabs instead as the top and bottom share elements(Upkeep radio buttons) which can be a bit noisy when using it. Also the general aesthetics could be improved a bit.

Other than that though, it works and it's approved!