• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Waygate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This dual trigger is not working. I dont want the pits of Isengard to be available until a research is complete, however the waygate is not being enabled for some reason.
  • Start
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Neutral Building - Disable Pits of Isenguard 0928 <gen>
      • Neutral Building - Disable Pits of Isenguard 0945 <gen>
      • Neutral Building - Disable Pits of Isenguard 0951 <gen>
      • Neutral Building - Disable Pits of Isenguard 0947 <gen>
  • Burnthem
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 22 (Snow) Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Burn them All
    • Actions
      • Neutral Building - Enable Pits of Isenguard 0928 <gen>
      • Neutral Building - Enable Pits of Isenguard 0945 <gen>
      • Neutral Building - Enable Pits of Isenguard 0951 <gen>
      • Neutral Building - Enable Pits of Isenguard 0947 <gen>
Any tips or ideas? Worst case i can just make the waygates available at the start.

Level 5
Dang man thought that would work but still no luck.
  • Burnthem
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 22 (Snow) Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Burn them All
    • Actions
      • Neutral Building - Enable Pits of Isenguard 0928 <gen>
      • Neutral Building - Set Pits of Isenguard 0928 <gen> destination to (Center of IsenRU <gen>)
      • Neutral Building - Enable Pits of Isenguard 0945 <gen>
      • Neutral Building - Set Pits of Isenguard 0945 <gen> destination to (Center of IsenLU <gen>)
      • Neutral Building - Enable Pits of Isenguard 0951 <gen>
      • Neutral Building - Set Pits of Isenguard 0951 <gen> destination to (Center of IsenRA <gen>)
      • Neutral Building - Enable Pits of Isenguard 0947 <gen>
      • Neutral Building - Set Pits of Isenguard 0947 <gen> destination to (Center of IsenLA <gen>)

Level 7
Some triggers will not fire if their event is map initialization, maybe this is causing some of your problems, try setting the event to time elapsed 1 second

Level 8
  1. Did you base this unit (Pits of Isenguard) on a waygate? Otherwise, it may be missing key characteristics to make it operate as a waygate in the first place.
  2. There is no (U) in Isengard. I get that this may be intentional though.
  3. Try to remove disable at the map initialization thing, and just set the destination instead.
  4. Why are you tracking this with research? Are you certain that this event is even being triggered? Try including a text message in the burnthem trigger that says "Triggered". Then check to see if that message ever pops up when player 23 finishes researching. If it doesn't, your event is broken.
  5. I am assuming that you are not player 23 here. Computer players will not research custom upgrades unless they are explicitly told to do so. This may be possible to configure in the AI, although I have had mixed results with that, but otherwise, you can order it through a trigger. But again, why aren't you just using a timer for this instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.