• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Water World: Shattered Land

It plays like the ordinary melee Warcraft 3: TFT, the only difference is that each race are given different types of warships that can be played throughout the game, I also added new heroes for each distinctive races and taverns, since the Tavern is fully occupied by new heroes, I also added the new "Resurrection Stone" which was featured on Orc bonus campaign in Warcraft 3, compare it to the last version, ships are revamped and rebalanced. There are also new creeps, naga and pirates mostly.

1.) Human -
Missile Interceptor: Very agile ship and equipped with dwarven rapid missile turret, has Intercept, can gain Missile Barrage upgrade.

Transport Ship: Sturdy transport boat, has True Sight, can gain Advance Combat Armor upgrade.

Maulers: Powerful hammer tossing cruiser, can gain Split Second Boost upgrade.

2.) Orc -

Corsairs: Sacrificial attack boat, can gain Suicide and Fireboost.

Storm Zeppelin: Transport airship, can gain Speed Boost upgrade.

Juggernauts: Intimidating orcish cruiser, can gain Advance Engineering upgrade.

3.) Undead -

Legionnaire: Medium armored attack boat, can gain Frost Enchantment upgrade.

Harbinger: Fast teleportation airship, has Dark Summoning, can gain Harbinger Plating upgrade.

Corpser: Corpse tossing battle ship, can gain Blood Drive.

4.) Nigh Elf

Nightstalker: Evasive attack ship, can gain Viper Arrows upgrades.

Moon Strider: Stealth transport ship that has better vision in night than daylight, can gain Stealth Run upgrade.

Starseeker: Powerful long range ship, can gain Seeker Beacon upgrades.

1.) Sword Magician (Human) - Mystical Hero, adept at using sword as magical skills. Can learn Shatter Bolt, Grand Sword, Lightspeed Boost, and Final Explosion.

2.) Battlemaster (Orc) - Warrior Hero, uses brute force against its foes. Can learn Quick Spin, Chaos Blood, Battle Training and Chaos Form.

3.) Hell Saint (Undead) - Mystical Hero, adept at using chaotic spells. Can learn Weaken, Chaos Sentry, Corruption Aura, and Destruction.

4.) Mana Manipulator (Night Elf) - Mystical Hero, adept at using skills that involved great amount of mana. Can learn Mana Shield, Energy Spear, Orb of Mana, and Mind Teleportation.

5.) Lightning Sage (Neutral) - Cunning hero, adept at using intense lightning spells. Can learn Great Thunder, Lightning Blades, Evasion, and Paralyzing Strike.

6.) Pirate Mechanist (Neutral) - Warrior Hero, adept at supporting and summoning mechanical units. Can learn Repair, Gears Aura Offensive, Gears Aura Defensive and Summon Steel Golem.

7.) Naga Illusionist (Neutral) - Cunning Hero, adept at confusing foes. Can learn Replicate, Disarm, Mind Mastery, and Illusion Mastery.

8.) Marine (Neutral) - (Bonus Hero) Cunning Hero, equipped with a futuristic S.I.R. ( Standard. Issue. Rifle.) and a skilled rifle trooper. Can learn Impact Shot, Active Reload, Incendiary Ammo and Carnage.

armel - Naga Enchantress

4eNNightmare - Rocket Icon
- Replicate Icon

OgeRfaCes - Split Time Boost Icon

X.e.r.e.X - Fire Boost Icon

Devine - Shatter Bolt Icon
- Lightspeed Boost Icon

L_Lawliet - Destruction Icon

The D3ath - Weaken Icon

CRAZYRUSSIAN - Quick Spin Icon

KelThuzad - Chaos Blood Icon

Anarchon - Orb of Mana Icon
- Mind Teleportation Icon

INSEKT - Mind Mastery Icon

NFWar - Illusion Mastery Icon

Need Feedback Please.

Melee Maps
Altered Melee Maps

Keywords:
melee, ships, strategy, upgrade, pirates, sea, islands, warships, new units, water, world, warcraft 2, warcraft 3, naga, creatures.
Contents

Water World: Shattered Land (Map)

Reviews
17:42, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 9
this doesnt look good. seriously. a good coded map might not be a fun map and a bad coded map might be a very fun map. your map doesnt even qualify for a fun/good coded map. its the same as wcIII's, except some tweaks here and there. My suggestion will be to make this a fully naval combat map and change those normal units you can build. it will make it at least 10x more interesting and appealing to the eye. your terrain is.... forget it. im not gona comment on it. i dont see any coding that you have done, all those new heroes have some buffed up skills of normal heroes. this is stupid. i wont rate this map till i see inprovements.

Supertoinkz's way of reviewing (V2)

Gameplay - 3/5
Well, I like how you made a map with naval battles, but there are some minus points. Firstly, there are too many creeps :/, It's hard to go to the expansion mines. Second, add shallow waters that connects the islands, so the AI can play fairly. Third, some of the heroes sucks/OP/imba.
  • Battlemaster - You used an ability already used by another hero (Quickspin), Also, he's nearly unkillable when he got all of his skills, (+ 3 str, very fast hp regen, and chaos form). You can just tank, retreat, wait regen (it's fast anyways), tank again and repeat
  • Sword Magician - his Final Explosion tooltip is weird "Unleash an intense crushing force from the body of the Sword Magician, dealing 100 damage and reduces attack speed and movement speed by 100% that last for 8 seconds." lol? What unit got affected? Also his Grand Sword, which is a Shockwave, is way to imba, hundreds of damage? And AoE? Also his Lightspeed ability, I know its for a limited duration, but why so fast? And change his shatter bolt to something else, it's just a weakened storm bolt.
  • Hell Saint - his Destruction ability has no icon.
  • Mana Manipulator - Replace his Mana Shield, it is already used by the Naga Sea Witch. Also his Energy Spear which is just an imba Storm Bolt, and his Mind Teleportation is just a blink.

I won't list more, because there are too many, but srsly, make custom abilities.

Terrain - 3/5
I like it, the mass amount of trees helps a lot.Please reposition those neutral buildings, some are in water :/.

Design - 3.5/5
Custom Minimap Preview + 0.5
You still used icons that are already used, please use more custom icons to make the "new" feeling.

Overall Score - 9.5/15
1-5 = Vote for Rejection
6-10 = Don't know
11-15 = Vote for Approval

Tips and Tricks
  • N/A

Author's Comment
Nice map (It's just me or I really like altered melee maps :/), but you still use in-game abilities/icons. Try using custom ones so you can generate something like "Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne version 2"

~supertoinkz

Level 5
Finally i have the time to try it,

PROS:
1.i love classic Blizzard RTS that's why this map will drag me, Warcraft III with naval battle and new heroes?? sounds great! +1
2.balanced terrain+1

CONS:
1.Some hero skills, like the first skill of sword magician, is IMBA WTF???-1
2.Shipyards are not buildable, takes time to get the shipyard thus hard to do rush...-1
3. At the center of the map, battling an Ancient Hydra just for level 6 perma but those Royal Slavemasters seems trouble-1

Rated 2/5 needs improvement

Level 4
"this doesnt look good. seriously. a good coded map might not be a fun map and a bad coded map might be a very fun map. your map doesnt even qualify for a fun/good coded map. its the same as wcIII's, except some tweaks here and there. My suggestion will be to make this a fully naval combat map and change those normal units you can build. it will make it at least 10x more interesting and appealing to the eye. your terrain is.... forget it. im not gona comment on it. i dont see any coding that you have done, all those new heroes have some buffed up skills of normal heroes. this is stupid. i wont rate this map till i see inprovements. "

Ehm, there's a Tiny shipyard in the Arcane Vault where you can build ships from.

Since alot of the things I had to say about the map were already covered, I'll just talk about the Human ships. (I'll cover the ships for the other races at a later time)
Interceptor: Basic ship, works out the way I expected to. Becomes somewhat overpowered when fully upgraded and in groups.
Mauler: The big Capital ship. Also works the same way I expected to, but it seems to have too far range.
Transport Ship: Pretty self explanatory.

Level 7
What the hell is wrong with recycled spells.He may not be good at makeing spells with trigers I can forgive that,but seriously,those customs of yours are prety imba,but I won't charge ya for recicleing spells,I do the same thing because I am not a prety good mapper,but I'm proud that I can try and make fun maps for myself,the hell with all those who have something bad to say about makeing maps for fun.