• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shattered World

Shattered World

Map Info:

When the Dark Portal opened, it tore a rift into the abyss, shattering the world. Those who are still left on this forsaken land must fight for surivival.

Features:
  • 4 Gold Mines - 15000 Main, 12500 Expansion
  • 6 Green Creep Camps
  • 10 Orange Creep Camps
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Goblin Labatories
  • 2 Fountains of Health
  • 1 Tavern

Screenshots:

j82ys0.png

Author Notes:
Felt like making an outland tilset melee map. Nothing special, made in an hour or two. Map contains lots of choke points, and easily accesiable Fountains of Health. Expanding is a bit hard and requires a zepplin.

Keywords:
melee, outland, bonestorm
Contents

Shattered World (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet18:51, 28th June 2013 Map Approved Shattered World (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet18:51, 28th June 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Shattered World (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Gameplay is fine but I don't like the idea of Goblin Laboratories in a outland theme just lore-basing the idea though but maybe you could replace it with a way gate, any else weaken the creep difficulty make it green/orange levels eredars and high level felguards is a bit extreme just a 1v1 match."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain looks like a void, since its 1v1 you should dramatically engulf the landscape with good terrain not just a void do something for that."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Any else, map still is useful."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
9/1580%C

Review
By Legal_Ease
Comments

This map is pretty darn cool. The terrain is fun and the creeps are mostly balanced.

The Pros

-Interesting terrain.
-Balanced creep camps.
-Fair Item Drops.
-sufficient resources.

The Cons

-Bad lighting (try using dungeon lighting in map options)
-Sharp Terrain (though it seems intentional and is well placed it sticks out.)
-Odd doodads (some buildings and doodads don't really fit together or with the map.
-Creeps are a little too far from starting locations but this is no biggie.

Overall Rating

4/5. This map is decent and quite enjoyable to play.
I vote for approval. More Screenshots is always my preference.
Disclaimer: The options stated above do not reflect the opinion of the Hive Workshop or its affiliates and are the express sole views of this member. Such opinions should not be construed as legal advice. :)

Last edited:
Level 16
the odd doodads don't bother me.. but i would of liked to see more Doodads.

Gameplay wise, I often noticed offense was cut thin at access routes. I also would of added a waygate here (yet I complained in another thread about 96x96 using waygates LOL). I say that because while the final expansion is ment to get to by air, a waypoint would add a challenge instead of towering my last expansion all the heck to defend it.

3/5