• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warriors Of Ashenvale

How much would you rate this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Good Luck mate!

Seems like you've started something you are capable of finishing, and thats whats most important. The terrain looks ok, not better. Although im not a terrainer i still think you need more types of doodads (and a tip when taking screensshots: View -> Sky -> Turn On ).

Keep working on the basics of the game and then add a few heroes (2-4) so you can test it out. Dont start off with the details, thats all i have learned in mapping so far :) !

.. and btw, you should update this post with more info about the game before a mod starts yelling at you...

Level 9
Damn that terrain looks nice,
I liked the area where you don't use War3 cliffs in particular...

Let me know if you need any help with Gameplay Ideas or Triggering...

Level 6
If you need ideas for heros i got a whole bunch of them (22 i think) in one of my maps which i dont work on anymore... i can give it to you via pastebin if you'd like.

Level 9
Im not looking to join or have a major part in production... But I will offer my services in small bits of triggering help and bug testing and fixing.

Ok!!As i already told every kind of help is greatly appreciated!I had to log in for some days and i have put much work on the map!The map is playable right now,it has only 3 heroes:sad: and one half done(i will make heroes when i end with basic triggers etc.)
I will post the map in a few days which is the Beta map,so you can look at it!!!Also new screenshots(with sky:p)
Thanks for your support!:thumbs_up:

Level 24
Well I would agree that the terrain is defiantly above average, so good work with that :)

One idea I have for something is maybe you could have like team upgrades or something, so one player buys it (would be expensive though), and all of the other players on their team get the upgrade.

Level 19
I tested your map UchihaSasuke.gr .
I want to point you on the following things :

- REMOVE the echo sounds. It realy ruins the game, and it sounds horrible.
- When your hero died, you can't ressurect it duo cost of lumber / (gold).
- You can select multipline heroes at the start, the tavern should remove all other selectable heroes.
- Your terrain looks terrible in game, but NO offense at it!
The terrain is a mess because of your massive doodads, and the corpses at
the vulcano don't fit. Try making it more realistic. If u place a rock, please use control + page down in order to make it fit. Now the rock is just half floating.
- Add more items.
- Split up the creeps, they're way too close to each other.

> Concept looks good.
> Idea is good.
> Work on , dude!

-Sounds will be removed.
-Hero revival system will be made soon.
-I want when all players choose their hero the tavern will be destroyed but i dunno how to do it.
-Why??I will fix the volcano cave.And i didn't knew that thing about the rocks.
-I will make lots of items,don't worry.
-Ok.

>Thnx
>Thnx
>ok

Oh,how much would you rate the map right now??Do you think it has some potential??

Any idea of how the revival system would be??I am thinking of this:

When the hero dies the level of his revival time will be (level of hero)x3 seconds=revival time.(maximum level is 25).

Or any other ideas.This revival system is the most used so it would be something classic.Any ideas?

And BTW Heero....More bad things tahn good things for map...:cry:

Last edited:
The next version is here!!!Here is a changelog:

HERE ARE THE CHANGES FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSION.

-Finished Dremor the Mud Golem.
-Fixed bounty on Base Defenders.
-Added 2nd Boss on Valley of the Kings.
-Added Revival System.
-You have to choose hero in 3 minutes.The tavern dissapears.
-Some eye-candy and improved terrain.
-New items.(Still few items but more coming)
-Creeps respawn every 65 seconds.
-Gold Per Second.
-1 new hero.

The map is still a Beta.So don't be angry about the 4 heroes :-(

Ok,here are some ideas:

1.I want heroes to be able to carry one weapon as their primary,like in Requiem Of The Gods.Then after getting your weapon you can upgrade it's damage,speed or add it to have special effect on attacks.

2.Mini-games every 5 or 10 minutes.

3.Recipes or not???

That's all for now,i will edit the post when i can,with more suggestions.

I'm still thinking on arming items but without the complications,once you acquire an item,use triggers to do something like...
Event - Unit Acquires an Item
Condition - Item of Type (Sword) equal to Item Carried by (Unit)
Trigger - Create (sword) And Give to (Unit) in Slot 1
Trigger - Remove (Item Carried by (Unit)

its something like that,I don't have my Editor openned,but heres how I do items:
Slot 1:Weapon
Slot 2:Helm,Necklace
Slot 3:Shield,Ring,Weapon
Slot 4:Armor,Cloak
Slot 5:Random Item
Slot 6:Random Item

Try arranging it like that,it might take a TON of triggers but it adds a small bit of flavour to the map.

Level 32
I finally found some time to give the map a brief test, Uchi.

It looks good so far. The terrain is decent but could easily be further developed. As you add more elements (items, heroes, quests, etc.) Warriors of Ashenvale is sure to entertain many players.

Status
Not open for further replies.