• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warriors Of Ashenvale

How much would you rate this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ok, when you can give me some! I didn't write cause you didn;t ask me to. But it is better to add the title yourself like a normal loading screen. How much did it take in the end? 513KB as I said? Cause that's what it took in an empty map!

Cya!

Level 10
The base image is good, but you wouldn't say that when I first resized to 1024x768. It was nasty. It is a lot better now though.

I will give a tip for the loading screen creation in case anyone needs it:
1. Resize the image to 1024x768 and save it as imagename-resized.jpg.
2. Make it TGA and then put some filters in photoshop and make it auto-detect colors and so. Save it as imagename-firstpart.
3. Now make it JPEG and open in MsPaint.
4. Copy the four parts as described, one by one as I write them:
a)512x512 The TOP LEFT part - Name it LoadingScreenTL.jpg After saving delete it so that it looks whit in the image (to save it you shall select it and then choose copy as... - so after this, while you have it still chosen press the delete key)
b)512x512 The TOP RIGHT part - Name it LoadingScreenTR.jpg After saving delete it so that it looks whit in the image (to save it you shall select it and then choose copy as... - so after this, while you have it still chosen press the delete key)
c)512x256 (**256 is the height!!!**) The BOTTOM LEFT part - Name it LoadingScreenBL.jpg After saving delete it so that it looks whit in the image (to save it you shall select it and then choose copy as... - so after this, while you have it still chosen press the delete key)
d)512x256 (**256 is the height!!!**) The BOTTOM RIGHT part - Name it LoadingScreenBR.jpg After saving delete it so that it looks whit in the image (to save it you shall select it and then choose copy as... - so after this, while you have it still chosen press the delete key)
5. After doing so,you shall end up with a blank image, close it WITHOUT saving changes!
6. Now convert all parts to TGA.
7. Afterwards convert all the TGA images to GIF using the Save for web... option under the File Menu.
8. Last one, reopen the GIF formatted icons and save them in TGA now in a new folder (so not to convert the old ones)! You'll see the size of the images is reduced and the quality is about the same.
9. Import to your map and delete the war3imported from the file path.
10. Import the LoadingScreen2.mdl i have in the pack I imported here. Remove the war3imported from its path as well.
11. Choose as loading screen the LoadingScreen2.mdl and test it.
12. Save your map!

Congratulations you have a high quality loading screen in no time!

I hope this will help everyone to make the loading screen high quality and low size. I will import it as a tutorial as well right away!

Level 10
You could make a skill named "wrath of Mother Earth" using war stomp and give it a lot of cooldown but very big damage and a medium stun percentage. Another one could be a spell based on bloodlust buffing anyone he wants and be autocast as well, giving extra attack speed!

Level 23
Crater Crush:

Slams the earth, creating a massive crater and dealing damage to all enemy units caught within. Boulders tumble down into the crater and flatten enemy units. It takes 5 seconds for the enemy to escape from the boulder crushing them.

Basically a Thunder Clap ability that doesnt slow, deals damage, and by use of a trigger creates a deep terrain deformation, while all enemy creatures inside the AOE get Hexed by a dummy unit. The Hex is a custom one of course, transforming them to a unit without attack / movement speed with the model of a destructable rock doodad. Base the dummy ability on Hex so you can choose a number of rocks units for the enemies to randomly turn into.

Level 23
Bound to Earth:
Passive.
Each unit killed by the Earth Spirit has a 20/45/70% chance to have its soul chained to the earth. Chained souls surround and follow the Earth Spirit. When 3 souls have been chained, the next spell cast by the Earth Spirit is magnified by a power of 3, consuming the souls in the process.

Could use the "Captured Soul Gem" effect for the rotating spirits, and a simple variable keeping track of how many souls are bound. Whenever a spell is cast by the Earth Spirit, check if BoundSouls = 3, and if it is, create a couple of dummy units that power up the spell, removing the captured souls and resetting the variable to 0.

Last edited:
Level 20
I give you an idea about war stomp......give a 15 % chance to make war stomp and the dmg shouldnt be so high just 100 dmg at the last lvl and 1 sec stun. Try it;)

Hmm... Maybe somehting like this:

Blessing of the Earth
Gives X% change to release a spell when hero is being attacked, that deals Z damage to all nearby enemy units and stuns them for Y seconds.

And some spells:

Earth/Rock Skin
Attacking enemy units have X% change to be stunned for Y seconds, when you are being attacked.

Wrath of the Earth
Stuns all enemy heroes for X seconds. The area of effect is global.

Earth Shock
Deals X damage to a target enemy unit and stuns it for Z seconds.

Earth Form
Transforms into a greater form increasing hit point regeneration by X and armor by Z for Y seconds.

Earth Totem
Created a totem that increases armor of all nearby allied units by X. The totem for lasts Y seconds.

Level 23
Hmm, how about some sort of Earth Shield ability?

Earth Shield:
Non-Target Cast: Self-buff
Increases armor by 50 for 15 seconds. Every time the Earth Spirit is damaged, the additional armor is reduced by 5, and it's duration is reset.

Self-buff based off of Scroll of Defense, setting an "earthbuff" variable to 10. Then each time the Earth Spirit is damaged, check for the variable, remove the buff, create a dummy unit, give the dummy unit the correct spell (rank 1 to 10), have him cast it, and reduce the variable with 1.

Only problem is you need 20 custom icons for it. 10 normal and disabled variatons of the armor buff with a number "5", "10", "15", etc. :p

Level 15
hmm i dont know if this is going to be too overpowered, but ill post anyway.
Eathern Blade (that name does not fit the spell, but dont want to spend my life on a name xD)
Attacks the target whit Mojo Jojo's weapon magically enchanted by herbs, dealing X damage and heals Mojo for X.

Another one:
Tremor:

Craushes the ground, dealing X + Y to a target (melee) and Y to all enemy units within 300 range (looks like Earthquake)

thats all for now, post later d^^

NEWS
:

Map development is slow and it will remain like this.I might stop working on the map for a bit,but will doing small parts per day or so.I am might going to finish all items and then focus on heroes(5 more remaining to do).Also I wanna fill up an empty area,so don't except much these days.

I need general ideas to improve gameplay!Post here any idea you have,it is much appreciated.

Level 7
I like the simplicity of the gameplay- killing for points. Similiar to frags in Quake or UT ;)

What could be improved and wouldn't complicate the game? Maybe organising spells or buffs into some system. When I think of something more specific, I'll post.

Level 10
Well, except from this, have you made item classifications? Like normal, magic, special, unique, artifact etc.? Cause it makes buing items 5 times easier. You know if you have one normal you know that a magic one is about 75% to be betterthan yours. That's very important and players save time when buying items. E.g. DotA has 4 recipe traders with a level each one. That's what I suggest, like the system used there, but you can make them simple items without recipes, but just a color. And that's it.

Level 19
I have a hero idea text file in my pc at home (with 4 heroes :p)
This is NOT one of them

Mystic Void (Draenei sorcerer model)
Proper Names: Rien'thal
Attack Range: 450
Projectile Art: <Serpent Ward Projectile with different sound>
Abilities:
- Nether Aura (active-deactive drains mana) Reduces all incoming damages by %X and reduces attack speed of enemies in X area by %X
- Crouch of Darkness (target unit) Deals an initial damage, and leaves a slowing DoT buff (may be silences too) suggested Effect Model
- Void Storm (target area) Bombards an area with missles, They do damage and slow units for some (a very short purge) suggested Missle Model
- Ultimate: Nether Nova (not targeted) Puts all nearby enemies to a nether form they get slowed and take more damage from attacks for X seconds. suggested Effect Model

How about an Engineer? A goblin specialized in creating lethal constructs, both mechanical defenses, offensive turrents, and traps.

Nice!You mean a weak goblin that can build towers and he can also hide in them!Isn't this interesting.Maybe make something that can make tower invisible and get in it.He can make a sudden attack from this!Allies could also hide!

Level 19
Forgot to mention
It seems like its "The Last" instead of "The Last Samurai" in Multiboard
its shown as "The Last Samurai" in normal playing so its not a bug
(When you test in window mode if you scale window to max it gets bugged not something can happen on normal game)

Yeah I have noticed this.:wink:

I started on a new hero.I left the Murloc Shaman with only two spells done,I will come back to him later.

The new one is called Rotten Warrior.He uses a skin of a Blademaster.He would be a DPS hero,with some good spells.I think this would be a hero with no damage spells but self-buffs and like this.

Need_O2 it would be awesome if you could make this hero for me!(He helped me with almost all spells,multiboard,hero selection system and others).

Level 12
Hero Idea:

Crypt King:
Model: Flesh Golem

Spells:
Rotting Force: Slowly builds up damage over 15 seconds, after the time has expired the Crypt King will slam the ground stunning enemy units for 1.5 seconds. (This just increases his damage for 2 per second and then a war stomp with no damage).

Terror: Releases a terrifying roar, making enemy units unable to attack the Crypt King for 3, and after that decreasing attack rate by 30% for 7 seconds.

Carnage: The Crypt King gains 30 hp for every unit he has killed during the last 20 seconds.

Crawler of the Grave: Summons 3 Crawlers for 15 seconds that damage really low but can cast infected bite. Units that die under the effect of infected bite will spawn a Flesh Beast that will live for 40 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.