• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warlords of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Human Male Model Revealed in Artcraft.
Full post: Artcraft—Champion of Stormwind

1ZQQ8SJD5OBZ1403722334556.jpg

BR0H6EGC21AD1403722334573.jpg

9P7UN95FACAM1403722334575.jpg

Human male looks pretty decent. I think I'll like it better with facial hair though. Atm, reminds me too much of nicholas cage.

Draenei model arrived:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/4104-Warlords-of-Draenor-Alpha-Build-18471

Somebody has been really eating their protein. Look at those shoulders. My only issue is that it almost looks like the draenei head is slapped onto a massive body. But it'll probably look loads better with armor.

Level 24
WTH is wrong with the death knight tier? It looks like something someone who had no idea of what class is made it. It makes me barf. Thanks goodnes for transmog. I'll be keeping the blue starter set.

Level 24
Alright here's the third dungeun we get to see with Ner'Zhul as the final boss. We seem to be killing of the warchiefs at a pretty rapid paste. The one exception is ofcourse Garrosh who is going to be the end boss.

Level 11
Artcraft—Body Moovin'

233247-albums6960-picture86737.jpg

We’re here with a brand-new Artcraft! I’m your host, Chris Robinson, senior art director on World of Warcraft, and today we’re showing you where we’re at with the female Tauren.

The original female Tauren had a lot of issues with too-angular geometry and stretched-out textures. It’s not her fault—it’s just what we had available to us at the time. Our new process has allowed us to add a lot of detail to her hair, fur, horns, and hooves, to build a far more detailed and expressive face, and to add a lot of definition to her musculature (while retaining her shape and silhouette).

233247-albums6960-picture86738.jpg

One other change of note: Warcraft character design is commonly known for its stylized long arms, large hands, and big feet, but the female Tauren’s hands were just completely out of control. We brought them down to a more consistent size with the other updated models, and were also able to add a ton more detail and dexterity in the process.

233247-albums6960-picture86739.jpg
Here!

So, I heard that Worgens won't have new models, is that true? :'(

If I recall correctly, they don't plan on redoing the post-cata models for now (low priority). Considering they aim for a december release or earlier, I doubt there is enough time for them to update worgen/goblins/pandas. Besides, those models already kinda match the new style (they never really fit in with the original races in the first place). But that is just my opinion.

I think the official word is that they are doing those races last, if at all (so it may depend on how much time there is).

Trolls look great, IMO. They aren't pretty, but that is the best thing about trolls. They did a great job of upping the quality without messing around with their look. Tbh, trolls look the most similar to their original selves (which is a good thing in my book, but it may be boring for other people). Here is the link to what they look like, for those who haven't seen it yet:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/4238-Artcraft-Dem-Trolls-Mon

Also, the cinematic is out!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...leases-new-wod-cinematics-256054/#post2572675

U know last time I played it was wotlk, i dont could caraclysm for only reached lvl 20. But now I think of returning and even playing on blizzard servers.

Here is my random story of doing raid in wotlk:
Raid:VoA, Horde, 25 heroic. So classic I gathered all guys after some time, kicled ass of all bosses splitted loot ti whom needed (master loot was on so all items were with me at start), it was suprising that I had many items left. So after we finished I went to toiled and in 5-10 min came back. Most of guys left but few were still in the raid and what was interesting one guy was jumping around me all the time so I asked him sup or somethibg like that, but he just stared at me, so I thoujjh he is muted I guess, asked him is he muted, and then realised how stupid question is that :p. So I told him if u are muted jump twice, and he did, so it was funny because only way we comunicated was with him jumping xD. So I guessed he wanted loot but couldnt roll for it. I had at lelast 5 dps items left from raid (2 wrathful) and he was answering to me if he needs items with jumping if he needs it and standing still if ge doesnt. At the end he got 4 items xD. We became friends and did lich king raid until that last dragon xD, sapphiron or somethig like that xD

Level 24
It's a great one, I love how Varian speaks. This is better than Ogres torturing him, this is him torturing Ogres.

Varian does sound manly but for once the humanoid creature torturing orcs aren't ogres but Arakkoa.

It is interesting that they portrayed the orcs as actually fearing the Arakkoa (now I finally know how to pronounce it!). I love the new Arakkoa--I totally prefer them over the wimpy Terokkar ones.

And overall, I enjoyed the length of this one. They invested a good amount developing the atmosphere. The betrayal was to be expected (and should remind everyone of Arthas a bit), but I really like the idea behind sacrificing his eye to see his death.

Also, since I normally play on the realm Bleeding Hollow, this video was particularly interesting to me. <3

Level 24

My favorite was by far the Talador ending the most, an excellent display of co-operation to defeat the Iron Horde. And after a few thousand years the draenei finally got a new leader (in the alternative reality at least). Yrel's kicking the fight up to a level we've never seen Velen do. Damn that gentle Y chromosome.

And for a blood elf fan like me we have the returning champion Lady Liadrin though she has not been featured in any cinematic.

We've not seen any Gorgrond or Spires of Arak finally, if we ever will.

Last edited:
Level 24
Loves those details they did, esp on Nagrand and Talador finale.

The details are indeed nice and with the new character models everyone looks so much more alive.

I also can't await to see all the characters whom are legends of the past that we never got to see in WoW. I am especially hyped about seeing Iridi for the first time as she's only been mentioned in Night of the Dragon so far.

Level 25
Dark Portal(Tanaan Jungle)-Hmm...The Iron Horde is such a great army to face. Those three heroes just defeated them? Anyways, seeing an Alliance-Horde-Neutral team up is a very big thing to me. But Maybe Varian will ruin it.
Frostfire Ridge-Another cool cinematic. Ganar sacrificed himself to give ol' Drekky time.
Shadowmoon Valley-Another great hero dies(Nevermind, Great Dark is too small for 2(or more) velens), to contribute to a great thing. Gratz, Yrel!
Talador-Blackhand just killed Maraad. It's a bad thing even to a Horde lover like me. Good thing Yrel avenged her "boyfriend"
Nagrand-Speechless...

Last edited:
Level 14
Yrel is too cocky. She isn't an established character to be given smug one liners like that.

I'm also not sure which Velen died.

Garrosh vs Thrall sucked. What I understood is that Garrosh was a kid which was given a lot of power and responsability, which he sucked at. So he blames everything on Thrall.

Also WOW, Thrall looks so old now (being bald and all).

Level 24
The alternate one.

Yep and that's too sad, show some balls Blizzard, Maraad was seen in WoW for the first time in WoD. The only returning character who died was Garrosh and he is an antagonist. Could they once kill a major character who's not an antagonist in the game and not in the books.

Level 24
I was surprised that he ACTUALLY GOT KILLED! :p

Me too but its so sad to always know that characters as big as Thrall and Varian are immune to death. The only character who's played a major part of the lore outside of the books who have ever died was Cairne but his death has barely been mentioned at all inside the game. It's just sad, I love that there are books but the lore seems to have been somewhat isolated there.

Status
Not open for further replies.