• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warlords of Draenor Cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
warlords of draenor takes place in the past, so yes hellscream did kill mannoroth, but this takes place years before that. the beginning of the cinematic says 35 years ago

the orc at the end is garrosh hellscream, groms son who went back in time to stop the orcs from drinking the blood. and hes not red skinned hes brown

and no your lore is wrong here. they built the gates to invade azeroth, and they are building it again to invade azeroth. nerzhul would open his own gates later, but not because of guldan, because he wanted to invade other worlds himself. never did nerzhul open portals to escape guldan or kiljaeden

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I think he killed Mannoroth. And those gates were built after these events.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

He died once in real time. This is alternate universe, it will not change what happend in real time in any way. So, he died in Kalimdor, only once. The fact that he was killed in alternate universe won't change history. Blizzard likes to make it complicated for no reason :p

Level 21
I would rather ask how are they opening new portal now. Did they force Gul'dan to open the gate anyway? And why are they invading main time line and not Azeroth world from their own timeline.

To be honest I see whole expansion as glorified Caverns of Time event. Not bad I mean finally draenei will be important again for starters and you get the chance to see the good old times and since it is not main timeline it won't require any retcon. But would have been nicer if they continued forward and of course not bring some old character back just to kill him as big bad.

Also why is this in Warcraft thread and not World of Warcraft?

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I would rather ask how are they opening new portal now. Did they force Gul'dan to open the gate anyway? And why are they invading main time line and not Azeroth world from their own timeline.

To be honest I see whole expansion as glorified Caverns of Time event. Not bad I mean finally draenei will be important again for starters and you get the chance to see the good old times and since it is not main timeline it won't require any retcon. But would have been nicer if they continued forward and of course not bring some old character back just to kill him as big bad.

Also why is this in Warcraft thread and not World of Warcraft?

I think Ner'zhul was the one who activated the portal.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Ner'zhul activated portals in the "Beyond the Dark Portal" but to other worlds. Gul'dan and Medivh opened the very first Dark Portal right before Warcraft 1 started. Basic lore really.

Well, I guess they will find a way. Wrathion (the guy who freed Garrosh and sent him to alternate universe) will probably give them a hand with that. It's the only logical conclusion.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I don't think word logical should be used anymore in warcraft lore (since long time ago). But anyway would be simpler to force Gul'dan since he would still want to enter Azeroth and find tomb of Sargeras. Or yeah just say "Dragons did it".

They changed Kargath's lore ( warlord of the Shattered Hand clan ), as we saw in the cinematic. They'll probably make even more changes as they go.

Level 9
Too bad Kairoz got betrayed by Garrosh anyway and got killed in Nagrand. The reason why Kairoz even did this was, because he thought that azeroth cant beat Burning Legion without Iron Horde, but Garrosh had other plans. Wrathion also went with him, because he also knew that they need more allies to defeat Burning Legion.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

It will probably be someone other than Kil'jaeden. Possibly Archimonde, but I doubt they'll use Kil'jaeden again, since we have to kill him in our reality, too. Also, many things in the story were changed, so who knows... :)

Level 11
Well, I was watching the Demo walkthrough, by Nobbel87, and Archimonde was the one seeking the Draenei, not Kil'Jaeden. That's not an perfect copy of our old Dreanor, for example, Grommash, father of Garrosh, never had a son, because his mate was already dead, however, Ner'Zhul's mate is alive, but in our Dreanor, she died before the Legion ever make contact with him. Just a tip, to understand it better, watch Nobbel87's videos.

Level 9
Well, I was watching the Demo walkthrough, by Nobbel87, and Archimonde was the one seeking the Draenei, not Kil'Jaeden. That's not an perfect copy of our old Dreanor, for example, Grommash, father of Garrosh, never had a son, because his mate was already dead, however, Ner'Zhul's mate is alive, but in our Dreanor, she died before the Legion ever make contact with him. Just a tip, to understand it better, watch Nobbel87's videos.
Well then you or nobbel were drunk. After Velen escaped Argus, Kil'Jaeden promised to hunt them down even if it took a thousand years. Archimonde wasnt the one who wanted to hunt down Velen and Draenei.

Well then you or nobbel were drunk.

Careful with your tone here! Don't expect things to be the same in an alternate reality/universe like it is in the main one.

Minor/major events may differ vastly from one universe/reality to another. Once again search before being slightly rude.

Wait if they can go to alternative timelines to get new force to fight the legion, doesn't it mean there are several legions to fight?

Maybe, but some realities may not have Burning Legions :p

Forum specific rules are as follows:

NO discussion about World of Warcraft in this forum. Any WoW related subjects should be discussed in this forum.
Also this should be in the WOW forum you know >.>

Last edited:
Level 31

wrong it was kiljaeden

Status
Not open for further replies.