• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Warlock Summon Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, I am new To using triggers and I would like help on this spell i am trying to make a spell which will basically Summons a FelGuard useing triggers and dummy spells.

But what I also want it to is so that when the caster dies the summoned unit will die too.

I will appreciate any help given

Also I would like to make an ability where the unit charges towards the enamy at great spead and stuns him but i have no clue how to make this

again any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Level 4
for your first question, this should work:
make 2 triggers and 2 unit variables, 1 variable for the summoned unit and 1 for the summoner unit. the variables should have an array the same number of how many available players in the map there will be. then the first trigger should be this:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Set summoned[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Summoned unit)
      • Set summoner[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Summoning unit)
replace foot man with the unit type you wish to be summoned.

second trigger should be like this:

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • summoner[(Integer A)] Equal to (Dying unit)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Kill summoned[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]
            • Else - Actions
where is says 1 to 12 replace 12 with the max number of players in your map.

hope this helps, if you need anything else just let me know, and about your second problem, ill get back to you on that one ok?

Level 3
Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Summon Water Elemental
Actions
Set Temp_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
Unit - Create 1 Tichondrius for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Temp_Point facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Kill (Casting unit)

You can change the Tichondrius with any units which u want to be spawned... and the ability being cast also....

Level 19
There is a problem for there are no comands such as summoner and Kill summoned can you help me?
Again any help will be greaty appreciate.

I can live no longer after seeing this...
sorry for spamming

Learn how to use variables

Status
Not open for further replies.