• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

summoning spell problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi

i want to make a spell, summoning 2 different units the same time
i have all units finished and most of the ability too
but i cant find something to summon two different units

maybe i can do something with a trigger, but im bad in triggering things

please someone help me with tihs problem

mfg Seppuku

Level 7
do something like
  • Events:
  • Unit begins casting an ability
  • Conditions:
  • Ability is equaled to <your ability> (make the ability a dummy spell)
  • Actions:
  • Create 1 <your summon unit here> for casting unit
  • Create 1 <your second summon unit here> for casting unit

Level 2
thanks
im gonna try it ^^

but how can i add levels for the summoned units
i think if i lvl up the ability it summons the same unit like before?

Seppuku89 you should introduce yourself to our community in the following page:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360

After that we will be happy to help you.
About the trigger, it is very easy. I suggest you to read the following tutorials:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32827
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7334

Also, don't use the event "Unit begins casting an ability" use instead the event "unit starts the effect of an ability".
The difference is that the first will activate the trigger before you lose mana, the second is only activated after you lose mana, which is by far saffer and better.

Also, you should try to give reputation points to those who help you.
Click on the box near our gems to do so.

Hope I helped.

Level 2
thx thx thx
im goning to introduce myself now

you helped me a lot with this...so its right what i had heared--> Hive is the best ^^

Level 2
i don't get it :cry:
i understand the tutorial but it don't work on a summoning spell

if i leave it to only one level and make a trigger like the one Da)sniper postet it works but i cant add any level

please help me (i think i am to stupid to work it out with the tutorials)

Level 11
Hi Seppuku!
The trigger is a bit longer (for beginner map makers). try to understand and then make it by yourself:
  • Summon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Your Spell
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Your Spell for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Unit x Lv 1 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Current prop window angle of (Casting unit)) degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 Unit y Lv 1 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Current prop window angle of (Casting unit)) degrees
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Your Spell for (Casting unit)) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Unit x Lv 2 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Current prop window angle of (Casting unit)) degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 Unit y Lv 2 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Current prop window angle of (Casting unit)) degrees
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Your Spell for (Casting unit)) Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Unit x Lv 3 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Current prop window angle of (Casting unit)) degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 Unit y Lv 3 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Current prop window angle of (Casting unit)) degrees
        • Else - Actions

ady_ there is no need to use casting unit just use triggering unit, because there could be some leaks apering with wait and some other actions.

and you can summon 1 unit by using based summon spell and just add the second unit with trigger, like ady_ wrote or if you know what dummy casters are?
Create a dummy and order it to cast another based summon spell, its a shorter trigger.

HF -BR-

Sepukku89, no matter what, never think i can't do it. because you can if you try hard.

I am glad I could help.
Btw, if you are really interested, and want to learn how to make real cool spell, i advice you to learn JASS.

JASS is a scripting language, and it is even easier then GUI once you learn how to deal with it.
Although you can always learn JASS without knowing GUI i advice you to learn the very basics of GUI.

Also, when you don't understand something, keep trying and posting. There also a User CP section where you can send Private Messages asking for help.
In my fair opinion there is no doubt that The Hive is the best, but you should also try other websites:
www.wc3campaign.net
http://www.thehelper.net

Have fun =)
Thx for rep+ btw =)

Level 3
well there is the spell call Dark Portal, and you can change that a bit to summon just 2 different units and such. hope that helps :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.